997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

991 spy pics in yellow and blue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
Showed up in red today with wheels that belong to Audi lol!

More 997 Red Spypics

Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
^^^ Looks great in the above picture ^^^

Originally Posted by khyber
I am not a big fan of the mirrors coming off of the doors.
+1, that's aweful.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
Looks pretty much the same as 997, most people probably won't even be able to tell a difference. Porsche needs to stop being lazy with these 5% improvements per new model, the rest of the field is going to catch up and surpass them otherwise, if they have not already done so. I was hoping for a mid-engined compact V8 911.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tuskir
Looks pretty much the same as 997, most people probably won't even be able to tell a difference. Porsche needs to stop being lazy with these 5% improvements per new model, the rest of the field is going to catch up and surpass them otherwise, if they have not already done so. I was hoping for a mid-engined compact V8 911.
sounds like u want a Audi R8..

i'll reserve my judgment until i see the final product..

but i do like the new tail lights

and in the video, u can see the new wing deployed at 2:32 mark http://www.speedlux.com/spy-video-po...y-undisguised/

Attached Images  
Old 07-26-2011, 11:19 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
first impressions aren't impressing me. but i can tell it will grow on me immensely. cayman and panamera had a baby.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the red one looks very promising. tail lights & corner lights sharp, additional reflectors very small. overall a bigger and more curvy 997.2, nice!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Mojo31 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
sounds like u want a Audi R8..

i'll reserve my judgment until i see the final product..

but i do like the new tail lights

and in the video, u can see the new wing deployed at 2:32 mark http://www.speedlux.com/spy-video-po...y-undisguised/
Video gone.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tuskir

1) IMO the 997 improved more than 5% during it's lifespan and was more than a 5% improvement over the 996 (in some areas).

2) A mid engine car is not a 911

3) V8's are a dying breed and will be all but killed off by environmental standards in the next decade or so. So why would Porsche, who is already at or near future standards waste millions to develop technology that will be phased out?

Not only that, but this is the base model car, why would Porsche compound the effect by making all 911's V8? If there was to be a V8, it should at least show up in the GT versions of the car that are more limited.

Makes no sense from any perspective.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
Mike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to behold
I like how the taillight will be thin compared to the usual big ones. Thanks for posting the pictures here.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:07 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
1) IMO the 997 improved more than 5% during it's lifespan and was more than a 5% improvement over the 996 (in some areas).

2) A mid engine car is not a 911

3) V8's are a dying breed and will be all but killed off by environmental standards in the next decade or so. So why would Porsche, who is already at or near future standards waste millions to develop technology that will be phased out?

Not only that, but this is the base model car, why would Porsche compound the effect by making all 911's V8? If there was to be a V8, it should at least show up in the GT versions of the car that are more limited.

Makes no sense from any perspective.
agreed, they will rather put a 4 cylinder in the 911 than an 8 cylinder.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Sanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond reputeSanders911 has a reputation beyond repute
any idea if they are integrating turn lamps in the side view mirrors?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:21 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by khyber
I am not a big fan of the mirrors coming off of the doors.
??? - The mirrors are on the doors more now than before..

I could live with one, but there are things that I see that make me glad I have a 997 in the garage.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:41 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
They should have put a see threw trunk lid like the ferraris or somthing like that thought i seen that on the r8 too

Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mojo31
Video gone.
yeah.. sorry

here are some pics of the rear wing deployed..

and some pics of what the turbo and cab may look like..

Attached Images      
Old 07-26-2011, 06:10 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Thanks for sharing...IMHO it looks very good, as any new model Porsche should, but hasn't changed enough to overwhelm me. Doesn't mean it won't be significantly improved in many ways but IMHO again it's simply another new style. If anything, makes me appreciate the great job they did with the 997. As some have mentioned, I look forward to seeing the turbo, GT3, etc...this is where I may get the WOW factor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 spy pics in yellow and blue