997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Key West drive-just took the P car.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 PM
robfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of lightrobfxlr is a glorious beacon of light
Key West drive-just took the P car.....

I drove 250 miles, each way, spent 3 days in Key West with my wife and another couple. The wife and I drove my 09 997 from Martin County to Key West. Beautiful scorching weather, left on Sunday morning, made great time to Miami (at times hitting 130/135 on Turnpike for brief blasts)...............tubi exhaust sounded great, Bose stereo sounded great......................stopped for lunch by Seven mile bridge. The last 90 miles, although scenic, are horrific one lane in each direction/red lights, 40-45 mph. Forget if you get stuck because there is an accident ahead of you (road closing for hours). Anyway, stayed on duval street, parked the P car for the whole stay, the drive back was beautiful as well- stopped for lunch at a different paradise tiki bar/restaurant by seven mile bridge.
Ah, life is good............

Old 07-28-2011, 12:04 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It sounds like you had a great time . I'm probably one the only folks who has lived here so many years but never went to Key West . I've gone to Key Largo often (it's nearby ) . Key West is a long drive .. but i hear there's lots of nice shops, restuarants , and very casual relaxed nighlife (exception / Fantasyfest ).
Great place to have the blood pressure go down . Glad you had fun !!!