997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SF Bay Area Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
SF Bay Area Porsche Service

My '10 DFI S had its HPFP replaced yesterday (Service Action WB08). The original pump had not exhibited a problem but PCNA decided it should be replaced. I suppose they made some internal changes to fix whatever could fail in the original design.

The work was done at Fletcher Jones (Porsche of Fremont). Even though I have two dealers much closer to me I drive to FJ because I have great confidence in the Service Department run by Gunter Feldmeier. Gunter and his team are very professional, courteous and fair cost-wise. They have been taking care of these cars for a long time and know them inside/out.

I have no financial interest in FJ but I highly recommend their service department. People who started servicing their cars there on my recommendation have thanked me for it. Try it, you'll like it!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
My '10 DFI S had its HPFP replaced yesterday (Service Action WB08). The original pump had not exhibited a problem but PCNA decided it should be replaced. I suppose they made some internal changes to fix whatever could fail in the original design.

The work was done at Fletcher Jones (Porsche of Fremont). Even though I have two dealers much closer to me I drive to FJ because I have great confidence in the Service Department run by Gunter Feldmeier. Gunter and his team are very professional, courteous and fair cost-wise. They have been taking care of these cars for a long time and know them inside/out.

I have no financial interest in FJ but I highly recommend their service department. People who started servicing their cars there on my recommendation have thanked me for it. Try it, you'll like it!
I have an appointment to get mine done and another member also PM'd me that his is also getting done . Like with yours .. the car is rinning fine .

Did you get a letter from Porsche to even let you know if was recalled ? Had i not received the PM I would not have known as i have not been to the dealership in awhile.

Glad you got it fixed.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
nice to hear about fletcher jones. thanks for sharing that.

i heard their new car prices are fairly good as well.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
+1 for Gunter @ FJ. Thanks for recommending hi to me awhile back. I just feel like I'm being taken care of and that everything and beyond will be addressed.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:01 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I see them almost on a daily basis being so close by and stuff. They always seem so nice and helpful to us and I'm glad to hear this

Old 07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I have an appointment to get mine done and another member also PM'd me that his is also getting done . Like with yours .. the car is rinning fine .

Did you get a letter from Porsche to even let you know if was recalled ? Had i not received the PM I would not have known as i have not been to the dealership in awhile.

Glad you got it fixed.
Larry: It is not a recall. Dealers ares supposed to do it next time the car is in for service, and it must be associated to each car's VIN number.

This Service Action was issued just a couple of weeks ago. Last week when i called in for an oil service appt. Mr. Feldmeier checked my car's record and told my car was due for an HPFP change. Since my annual service is in Nov. I asked him if we could wait until then; he thought it would be wise to do it now since PCNA states is an issue that may affect drive-ability.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:10 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Larry: It is not a recall. Dealers ares supposed to do it next time the car is in for service, and it must be associated to each car's VIN number.

This Service Action was issued just a couple of weeks ago. Last week when i called in for an oil service appt. Mr. Feldmeier checked my car's record and told my car was due for an HPFP change. Since my annual service is in Nov. I asked him if we could wait until then; he thought it would be wise to do it now since PCNA states is an issue that may affect drive-ability.
What you are saying is consistent with what ia m hearing but i have not spoken to service yet . i only called to make an appointment .

But there is this post in the Cayman forum . Compelling and worth reading IMO. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cayman-s.html

Old 07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
What you are saying is consistent with what ia m hearing but i have not spoken to service yet . i only called to make an appointment .

But there is this post in the Cayman forum . Compelling and worth reading IMO. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-cayman-s.html
Well... PCNA is replacing them now, before they fail.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:48 PM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the info on FJ. My '10 C4S is having an oil change tomorrow at Stevens Creek so I'll ask them to check my VIN against the service action (WB08). If they give me grief I'll stop by FJ on the way home. I have heard some positive comments about Stead in Walnut Creek too (I have not used them so I cannot attest to the accuracy).

Old 07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by stronbl
Thanks for the info on FJ. My '10 C4S is having an oil change tomorrow at Stevens Creek so I'll ask them to check my VIN against the service action (WB08). If they give me grief I'll stop by FJ on the way home. I have heard some positive comments about Stead in Walnut Creek too (I have not used them so I cannot attest to the accuracy).
If you come from Danville... why not give a call to Gunter (510-279-7035) and do the service there. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I drive 20 mlles to FJ when Stevens Creek is only 6 miles from me...

Re the HPFP, your car may be approved for that or not. You just have to find out. Gunter will tell you when you first call.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:50 PM
unclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really niceunclejosh is just really nice
+1 on Fremont.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:41 PM
stronbl has a spectacular aura aboutstronbl has a spectacular aura about
adias -
Thanks for the info and PM (not enough posts yet for me to reply). SC offerd me an $89 oil change so I accepted it. But based on the comments in this thread I'll start on building a relationship with Gunter and FJ foir my future needs.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:42 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
I got a call from my SA at Rector earlier in the week and my '09 Targa 4S is having the HPFP R&R tomorrow. I had some long cranking cold starts in the winter, which went away. In any case, glad that Porsche is taking care of the matter.

Maybe this is a 3rd time charmed sort of thing. Let's see, one of my 993's had the secondary air injection problem (top end R&R covered by Porsche after the warranty had expired...to their credit), my 996 had a leaking RMS (NOT covered by Porsche...but not that big a deal), and now the HPFP in my early DFI 997.2. I guess I should thank my lucky stars that the 996 didn't have the IMS problem.

Would I voluntarily have anything else as a daily driver...NO!