997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

What do you suggest? Brand New Porsche 911 GTS or Used Porsche?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 PM
CarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these parts
What do you suggest? Brand New Porsche 911 GTS or Used Porsche?

Im not sure if its worth putting in so much money into a new Porsche 911 or just buy a used one for less and maybe even a better model. Tell me what you think? This will be my first brand new baby if I get one.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
My business partner is selling an 09 C4S/PDK white on black with only 4k miles. It stickered at 108k and he is asking 85k, it is absolutley flawless. Let me know if you are interested. Bad time for brand new 911 with new model around the corner

Old 07-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I agree with zzz, honestly it's not worth getting a brand new car anymore. I used to be against used cars. But nowadays, with CPO, it's better than getting a new car. You can get a slightly used one with 4 to 5K miles for ten of thousands less and additional 2 year warranty.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM
CarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these partsCarFreak007 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
I agree with zzz, honestly it's not worth getting a brand new car anymore. I used to be against used cars. But nowadays, with CPO, it's better than getting a new car. You can get a slightly used one with 4 to 5K miles for ten of thousands less and additional 2 year warranty.
Yeah. I agree with you. I like how you can choose anything you want in your new car. But I'm pretty sure you can find a used one with most of the opinions. I guess ill be looking for a used. Thanks.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarFreak007
Yeah. I agree with you. I like how you can choose anything you want in your new car. But I'm pretty sure you can find a used one with most of the opinions. I guess ill be looking for a used. Thanks.
The thing about Porsche's is, most of them are nicely optioned already. With the money saved, you can add and remove any parts you don't like. For example, my brother was looking at a brand new MDX, I told him to give CPO a chance, he found one with everything he wanted except running boards, he had the dealer add it, it saved him thousands and have 6 years of warranty instead of 4. The car only had 4,xxx miles.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Wow. He saved a lot! I just love how you go to a dealer and you pick everything out like a magazine And its all new from the factory. New car smell. haha. Just like a kid. But your right. Its not worth spending so much, when the car's value drops dramatically after 2 years. Ill keep that in mind. Thanks

Old 07-29-2011, 10:20 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarFreak007
The c4s I mentioned has every option available from the factory, and if there are any cosmetic changes you want you can order them from suncoast and customize the hell out of your car and still be thousands less then new.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:19 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
As much as I talk about uised cars on this forum I feel that buying a new car and being the first owner is worth the premium . I do realize that as soon as one drives it off the lot it becomes used .. but no one else sneezed in it .. and that offers a lot of peace of mind.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:47 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
As much as I talk about uised cars on this forum I feel that buying a new car and being the first owner is worth the premium . I do realize that as soon as one drives it off the lot it becomes used .. but no one else sneezed in it .. and that offers a lot of peace of mind.
You know, I agree. Every time we want a car, we go to buy a new one. If not one just like we want on the lot, then we're going to order it. Or so we plan. Then we get to making the dealer rounds and one of them has a car just like we planned to order, maybe with a couple of things we really didn't think mattered until we saw a car so built. The dealer has it sitting there, not six weeks away, and we can get it for ten thousand less, give or take.

Happens every damn time. Haven't bought a new sports car yet, though we planned to each of the last three we brought into our family. A good detail takes care of sneeze history.

We have bought utilitarian cars new. A Honda Civic once for commuting. An Acura TL I think. But those aren't the same thing at all. For one thing, their total cost is so low you can't save a hell of lot by taking ten or even fifteen percent off a car with a couple of thousand miles. Besides, very few of them become garage queens and live such pampered low mileage lives at their first home. Never saw one and it would make me wonder if I did.

Gary

Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 PM
stockid is infamous around these partsstockid is infamous around these parts
Hey, I don't know if I should buy a new pair of NIke or get those old chuck taylor's for sale at the Goodwill.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:16 AM
AP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really niceAP1to911 is just really nice
if she's a keeper(for life) then i'd get it new

if not, save yourself a few bucks.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 AM
gravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond reputegravedgr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
There is something about taking delivery of a brand new car that has nothing to do with cost vs. value. Getting to pick exactly what YOU want for options, instead of settling for what someone else picked.

If you just want the best value, buy used. In fact, buy a Camry. Porsches are never a good value.

If you want a special experience and want a connection to a unique car, ordering new is the only choice.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:50 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
If you want a PDK car get a GTS...or find a 1-2 year old Turbo PDK....if you want to manual car and really want to sports car life get a 2010-11 GT3 or GT3RS.

It all depends on what YOU want in a Porsche and how YOU plan on useing it.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:09 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
It is shocking to see how many absolutely perfect pre-owned Porsches I see on the dealer's lot. Most have 8K miles and are 2 years old. The dealers put up some silly prices on them, but after haggling, you get a huge savings!

My next car will probably be a CPO or a friend's car........

Also, consider that the 991 is around the corner, and a brand new 997 will usually take a decent initial hit to begin with. After that, they have awesome retention of resale values!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:25 AM
mander is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
The c4s I mentioned has every option available from the factory, and if there are any cosmetic changes you want you can order them from suncoast and customize the hell out of your car and still be thousands less then new.
My 09 C4S stickered for 112 and the car you describe for 108 - I don't think it has every option. Mine sure doesn't. If your associate bought it at the right time it could have gone for the price being asking now. Sometimes new cars can be a reasonable purchase. The prices on used 911s are pretty high right now.

That said with the 991 right around the corner I don't think a new 911 is a good purchase financially right now. But a 911 is seldom justifiable purely on financial grounds. There are other factors, e.g., fun, at play. Go with what you want and can afford!

Last edited by mander; 07-30-2011 at 07:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you suggest? Brand New Porsche 911 GTS or Used Porsche?