997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dumb Q. How do you know when spoiler is engaged??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 AM
b2sc is infamous around these parts
Dumb Q. How do you know when spoiler is engaged??

I'm always curious as to whether my spoiler has raised while I'm driving. I know when it's supposed to raise and lower based upon vehicles speed and engine temp, but how do you actually know??

I've cranked my neck back many times to check while driving but sightlines from the cabin don't allow a view of the spoiler. Am I missing something or I should rely on and not question the 'Porsche force'??

Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 AM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Do not question the force. It pops up when it needs to.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:28 PM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
seriously???cmon!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 PM
b2sc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sizquik
Do not question the force. It pops up when it needs to.
As do other important things. But I can see those....

Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
There is no indicator...unless you manually raise it via the console button. The only way to 'see' it from the front seats is to turn around and look through the rear window (not the safest decision you can make while driving).

I think it raises at 75 (or really hard acceleration) and lowers at 35.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:20 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
When your on the highway try and find a van look off the reflection of the van thats the only way to see it while driven 75+ i tried the mirriors no angle works or pop it in nuetral open the sunroof move the seat bak stand up pop ur head out.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
I say add an aero kit and then you won't have to worry about it!

Old 07-30-2011, 03:40 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
drive perpendicular to a sunset and watch the shadow.
Trust me ...Ive done it

Old 07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
KK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud ofKK Moto has much to be proud of
Up at 75, Down at 55

Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Second on the shadow...

Old 07-30-2011, 09:18 PM
speedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the roughspeedphreek is a jewel in the rough
The best way to find out is to race past a state trooper, hit at least 155mph, when he pulls you over ask him if your spoiler was up or down, repeat procedure at least three times to be absolutely sure.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedphreek
The best way to find out is to race past a state trooper, hit at least 155mph, when he pulls you over ask him if your spoiler was up or down, repeat procedure at least three times to be absolutely sure.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:12 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedphreek

Beat me to it!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Mikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to beholdMikli is a splendid one to behold
Also depends on engine temp

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 AM
Jpg0511 is infamous around these parts
When i bought my car it had a problem with the spoiler and it would not go up sometimes. And trust me when you hit 70 and it does not go up you will know. There will be a loud bell and the info display will turn red with a warning that the spolier is not working. And it will do it again when you get down to 65. Over and over again if you are in traffic. It will drive you crazy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dumb Q. How do you know when spoiler is engaged??