997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

finally found something I don't like about my Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM
krswen is infamous around these parts
finally found something I don't like about my Carrera

The sun visors are too short! About 1 1/4" shorter (vertical, not across) than our Benz. Just enough that the morning sun smacks me in the eyes for a while.
I tried raising the seat, but that didn't feel comfortable. Anybody make a deeper aftermarket visor?
I guess it's a good thing that this is the only thing I can find to whine about.
Car going into the dealer for the HPFP action in about a week. No symptoms of failure, but Porsche is stepping up to the plate to campaign the pump anyway (November 2008 build date).

Old 08-01-2011, 03:37 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
agree. the visors are kind of useless, and since we are complaining, I think, should be leather.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:48 PM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Most people use the visor incorrecly. You need to slowly lower the visor from the ceiling to block the sun. This allows you to duck you head and have a full view of the windshield.
Most people fold the visor all the way to the windshield, then fold in towards the driver from there. THIS IS WRONG. This will block the windshield and you will not be able to see traffic lights.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
+1 on too short and needing to be leather.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:52 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by function12
Most people use the visor incorrecly. You need to slowly lower the visor from the ceiling to block the sun. This allows you to duck you head and have a full view of the windshield.
Most people fold the visor all the way to the windshield, then fold in towards the driver from there. THIS IS WRONG. This will block the windshield and you will not be able to see traffic lights.
Hugh ?!?

Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
aren't the ones for the cabrio bigger?

Will they fit the coupe?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adias
Originally Posted by function12
Hugh ?!?
+1 for adias

Buy Maui Jim sunglasses - you'll look good and they also work magic!

:-)

Old 08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
JohnM,

If the Cabrio's visors are larger then they are not large enough. Sunglasses & a hat are the only answer.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
I like the Maui Jim Idea!!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Diablo79 is infamous around these parts
Ha ha ha

Originally Posted by krswen
The sun visors are too short! About 1 1/4" shorter (vertical, not across) than our Benz. Just enough that the morning sun smacks me in the eyes for a while.
I tried raising the seat, but that didn't feel comfortable. Anybody make a deeper aftermarket visor?
I guess it's a good thing that this is the only thing I can find to whine about.
Car going into the dealer for the HPFP action in about a week. No symptoms of failure, but Porsche is stepping up to the plate to campaign the pump anyway (November 2008 build date).
HA HA HA HA!!!! is this a serious post? If it is, let me respond accordingly...

1) That's EXACTLY why we buy Porsche's, because the only two things we can ever complain about are small visors (hmm....) and dumb cupholders

2) To answer your original complaint (), buy yourself a pair of nice polarized Oakleys and you can stare straight ahead towards the sun with open eyes..

then, stop complaining and DRIVE! (this post was not made in contempt, just having a little fun!)

Old 08-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JohnM
+2 for Maui Jim's. I have 3 pairs and I love them.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:29 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Turn around and head west, otherwise sunglasses are the best solution.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:39 AM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Turn around and head west, otherwise sunglasses are the best solution.
I agree. Serengetis here, but to answer the original question seriously, check Griot's Garage. They sell a secondary fold-down that you clip to the lower edge of your existing visor.

Gary

Old 08-02-2011, 02:18 AM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Lol Big Beach titanium blue MJ but I keep them in my Element because I wear them when I stand up paddle. Two pairs of Prada shades for the P-car, one with carbon fiber frame.

Originally Posted by Ynot:3275295
Originally Posted by JohnM
+2 for Maui Jim's. I have 3 pairs and I love them.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I agree with the OP. Our visors suck. I bought a secondary add-on and that was no help. I was planning to buy a different model, as my Maui Jims were not cutting it, and then I bought some wrap-around shades instead. Went to Sunglasses hut and bout the best looking 'cataract-style' pair that they had. I think they're Oakleys.
I still might try another visor add-on though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: finally found something I don't like about my Carrera