997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Brutal - 2nd Accident in 6 Months..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
If it were me, I would keep it, but then again I don't believe in a cursed car or the concept of luck. If there was some recurring mechanical issue, maybe that would be a different case but two accidents that weren't your fault are just that. Two accidents that weren't your fault. It's hard to believe that neither of those accidents would've occurred if you were in identical Targas with different VINs. At any rate, glad that nobody was injured in the mishaps.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Man....sorry to hear this. As had been said before, I am glad nobody was hurt.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:50 PM
h1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud ofh1sp has much to be proud of
something is going on (you need to identify and adjust):

1. the area your driving in is too congested?
2. the area your in has a bunch of inexperienced distracted drivers?
3. your not driving defense (taking action with tail gaters)
4. your stopping too quickly? (maybe tap that break a few times)

I was hit twice in a low car ... I identified it was the area (distracted uninsured drivers, lots of SUV's who couldn't see me, and my lowered car)

I sold it and drove a Hummer for a couple years until I was out of that area.
(they hit the Hummer too)
* The difference was the Hummer's hitch raped their bumper. "No damage to the Hummer" ... I drive off and home for dinner as steam bellows from the slob who wasn't paying attention.

Now im driving in a bunch of school zones, so im back in a Porsche. I make sure no one tail gates and I give all drivers plenty of room to react.

don't forget about diminished value claim.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Owww, pics hurt to look at! I remember your other thread (I think) re: accident. Glad the both of you are OK, you are right to be "lucky" you leased it - you'll be free and clear and right in line for a 991! (Probably go shop at another dealership so they don't try to recoup their loss by driving up the 991 price...!)

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be back in the car soon.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
I'm really superstitious. In Japanese culture, bad things always happen in 3s. I'm not religious but I had my new home blessed by 3 Thai monks. If something has bad energy, karma, feng shui I eliminate it ASAP. One accident I could stomach. Two and I'm not waiting around for the third.

Originally Posted by KonaKai:3276897
Originally Posted by surfah
That Targa is bad news, I would get rid of it even is replacing with another Targa.
I assume you don't mean that there is actually something physical/tangible wrong with this car that attracts accidents...

SO you're saying that you're so superstitious (or rich) that you would pay, let's estimate, $10-20k to trade one Targa for another (assuming apples to apples MY's etc.)???

Old 08-03-2011, 07:55 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by utkinpol:3276966

i am superstitious enough to trust those things. some sh$t does happen for no reason. i`ve seen enough if this in my life.
^this

Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
So sorry to hear you got hit again, glad to hear you and your wife are okay. I would keep the car until the end of the lease and drive it like you stole it, as I definitely would not keep it after the lease. Besides at this stage don't you think it will be difficult to unload the car on someone else.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:05 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JohnM
Thank god that you are OK!

There are too many crappy drivers out there to even count them all. The only 2 cars that I had accidents with were both silver or grey. I almost went out and bought a yellow car!!
My S4 got hit on a monthly basis....deer, turkeys (really), cars, and finally an 18-wheeler!! I sold it and have not been hit again. Maybe there is something to "bad luck" theory!

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Wow...

Well in my situation first time I was parked in a very nice area and car got smashed by an SUV driver that said his kids distracted him. The 2nd time was a 80 yr. lady that was not wearing her glasses and said that her foot slipped ...

Last edited by uhn2000; 08-04-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:58 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JohnM
Thank god that you are OK!

There are too many crappy drivers out there to even count them all. The only 2 cars that I had accidents with were both silver or grey. I almost went out and bought a yellow car!!
My S4 got hit on a monthly basis....deer, turkeys (really), cars, and finally an 18-wheeler!! I sold it and have not been hit again. Maybe there is something to "bad luck" theory!

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide to do.
The wife had a gray metallic Jeep. Hit 4 times in 3 years. Everytime the person said "I didnt c u". Sold and hasnt had another accident in 8 years

Old 08-04-2011, 09:37 AM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
I'd use PFS's pull-ahead program, get out of your current lease early and get a new one.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Leasing was the best decision you ever made! At least you don't have to worry about diminution of value.

Oh, since no one said it, that will buff right out!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:09 AM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
IT's a leased car... why get rid of it now and take a loss? The car is not ghosted.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I am with everyone. As long as you aren't hurt, who cares about the leases vehicle? As far as I know, it needs to be properly fixed at the end of the lease. Get it repaired and enjoy the ride!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Lease. check
Health. check
Fault. check

Be thankful.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
I thought I read Porsche has some lease deal now that they would cancel an old lease with up to 12 payments left.