997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Where to Get New Lugnuts for 997?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Luciddaydream is infamous around these parts
Where to Get New Lugnuts for 997?

I have a 2006 997 and I recently purchased it. The but the lugnuts (i believe that is what they are) are kind rusted and old looking.

Where do you score new ones?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:34 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
You should be able to simply clean them. If you're not inclined to do that you can buy them from any Porsche 'Stealership' Part Department. Try Sunset or Suncoast Porsche for a lower price. You can buy aftermarket lug nuts but be sure to specify the length, thread, seat profile, etc if you go this route. Just 'Google' "Porsche Lug Nuts" and you'll find many sources.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 AM
norton has a spectacular aura aboutnorton has a spectacular aura aboutnorton has a spectacular aura about
new lug nuts...

I got some very high quality chromed ones from Ralph Boothe-- they are pricey - $300 (isn't the good stuff always?) for all wheels-- which included some trick wheel locks that are indistinguishable from normal lug bolts. They are the factory bolts that include the rotating collars and were shipped individually wrapped in bubble wrap packages. They are just like jewels, so I am happy that I spent the money. First ordered from a company on Ebay, and those bolts didn't even engage the wheel holes properly!

Ralph is hard to find on the web (?), but I think if you search for Ralph Boothe Designs you will find him.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Luciddaydream is infamous around these parts
So I may have the lug nuts, lug bolts or wheel locks?

I had new tires put on and I think the guys there had to use some key to get them off.

Does that mean I have the wheel lock kind?

Sorry I am kind of a idiot with this stuff.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:55 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream

I had new tires put on and I think the guys there had to use some key to get them off.

With all due respect if your are "a kind of idiot with this stuff' go your your local Porsche dealer or recommended indy shop.

BTW: The key is the 'tool' that removes your wheel locks. It should be in your trunk compartment behind the removable panel. Read your owner's manual and it will enlighten you.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream

Lug bolts, not lug nuts...there's a difference.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by norton
I got some very high quality chromed ones from Ralph Boothe-- they are pricey - $300 (isn't the good stuff always?) for all wheels-- which included some trick wheel locks that are indistinguishable from normal lug bolts. They are the factory bolts that include the rotating collars and were shipped individually wrapped in bubble wrap packages. They are just like jewels, so I am happy that I spent the money. First ordered from a company on Ebay, and those bolts didn't even engage the wheel holes properly!

Ralph is hard to find on the web (?), but I think if you search for Ralph Boothe Designs you will find him.
Or here for some high quality stainless steel bolts -
http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/sslugs.html