997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

SAND BEIGE interior upgrade pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
SAND BEIGE interior upgrade pics...

I decided to two-tone my sand beige interior a bit--
I have a 2009 C2S Porsche Racing Green/Sand Beige launch car. The changes look great from the driver's seat.
I especially have disliked the cheap tan plastic trim piece around the PDK, so I replaced it with leather, not beige, but in BLACK. Then I got a new aluminum/black PDK gear lever to match. Then I got black rugs...That's it, just those 3 things....

It has the effect of making the black PCM center stack and the shifter look like ONE unit, almost a wrap-around.... Looks very clean, and simple.

(The black leather matches perfectly the black of the PCM plastic, although for some reason in the pics the black leather looks a bit lighter. I could have got the trim piece in black plastic, not leather--which maybe would have matched the PCM unit better-- but I probably would have hated the black plastic as much as the beige one...)

Attached Images     

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 08-04-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 PM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
the key is the black rugs... Once you put in black rugs (as some people with Sand Beige interiors have done), the "sea of sand" is broken, opening the door to two-tone.
(Pic 4 above does not adequately show the black rugs, which alter the interior significantly. Pic 2 is better.)

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 08-04-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Tastefully done, and makes a big improvement in looks. Enjoy!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks....
Hmm, perhaps I should stop here. I've thought about a new black steering wheel, and then YELLOW dial gauges.... BINGO!!!!--a cheap Ferrari knock-off.

(Look at Ferrari interior pics--all beige, black gear shifter/center stack, black steering wheel, colored gauges...lol)

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 08-04-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:45 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Stop now!! You're starting down that slippery slope. Leave it for at least 6 months, and I'll wager that you'll be so happy with your car that it will not seem important to make more cosmetic changes for change sake. I can see changing to a black wheel if you want a better (leather or fatter) wheel. But if that is the case, look into having it modified by one of the shops that does great work (do a search). New wheels are horrifically expensive IMO (I made that mistake ONCE).

Old 08-04-2011, 06:48 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
nice touch

I've also got one of the launch cars and found that I couldn't live in that sandbox full time..
How much time and money do you have tied up with those mods?

Really nice.. I was wondering what could be done to get a little more black into the ****pit... I think I'll follow suit..

Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Looks great this way, I'd keep the beige steering wheel I think. The PCM matches much better with the pieces you've added.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
yeah, I know that new wheels are expensive...
But, then again, I prob. lost $25K or more in the stock market today, so what's another couple thousand??? lol

Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jakesdad
I've also got one of the launch cars and found that I couldn't live in that sandbox full time..

Really nice.. I was wondering what could be done to get a little more black into the ****pit... I think I'll follow suit..

The word is Kockpit ..can't believe that was censored....

Old 08-04-2011, 07:01 PM

In addition to the rugs (cheap), everything can be bought online at Suncoast parts or from your dealer....
1) PDK aluminum/black shifter
2) Black leather OR plastic trim around PDK
3) Whole center console in black leather or maybe carbon fiber
4) Parking brake lever in black/aluminum
5) Black Leather armrest lid

Look up the posts on that OTHER Porsche site of mdrobc1213 He's done it.
Check his thread "Custom Satin Black Interior Contrast Upgrade: 997.2S". On that OTHER Porsche site, not here. Lots of pics!

The rugs were a few hundred, the leather trim around the pdk was $395, and the new PDK gear lever was $895!. About $1700 total. Well worth it!!!

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 08-04-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 PM

JakesDad--

You can come by to see my changes in person if you want... I live just north of Toledo...
Also, you can check out my new sound system. I upgraded aftermarket, but still kept the OEM head-unit. It's dynamite.

Last edited by hockeyguy4u; 08-04-2011 at 07:26 PM.