997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

***Photoshoot M3 & 911***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
***Photoshoot M3 & 911***

My brother in law came over with his M3 today, I haven't driven it yet, so I wanted to take it out and since he hasn't driven a Porsche, we both decided to go for a drive. Took my 3 year old along in the M3, fit just fine. I like the thick steering wheel, it drive nice in sports mode, and his aftermarket exhaust sounds very aggressive. It was really cool watching my car blasting down the highway. The dectane LED's looks great but I wished it lights up all the way when it's braking instead of the 'C' shape, enough with the chatter and on with the pictures. Enjoy.

A shot of the interior, several people on this forum had asked me to take some interior shots.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Great pics. I would agree both are great cars in their own right.

Thanks.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ynot

Yum, this is an awesome shot.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Stewart W is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by scoper
yum, this is an awesome shot.

+1

Old 08-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Ramluro is infamous around these partsRamluro is infamous around these parts
beautiful

Old 08-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Great cars and shots, thanks for posting.

Old 08-07-2011, 02:18 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Good looking pics and a great backdrop in the Colorado outdoors.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:24 PM
coco0045 is infamous around these parts
Great Pictures! The Dectane LED looks great. I'm thinking of getting them but haven't decided yet.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
marcmc is infamous around these partsmarcmc is infamous around these parts
loving that wide body...

Great shots!

Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Great photos!

Originally Posted by Ynot
The dectane LED's looks great but I wished it lights up all the way when it's braking instead of the 'C' shape
I thought the same thing. That's why I went with the RotTec's over the Dectanes

Old 08-09-2011, 05:01 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I tell people all the time to be careful about the choice of wheels. They can make or break any car.
The M3 has tuner type wheels. Not bad but not very attractive either. They downgrade the car imo. So much that it looks like it doesn't belong in these pics...sitting next to that sweet 911. The stock M3 wheels do more for the car than these.
Sorry for being so forward but sometimes I can't help myself. I don't mean any harm.
Besides, what I think doesn't really matter. Long as the owner likes it.

Prolly would look better if the car were lowered.

Last edited by ice350; 08-09-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Great shots! Nice scenery and awesome cars. Agree with Scoper on the *** shot.

Remind me about your rear bumper - which one is it? Also, do you know what exhaust tips are on the car? Did they come with the turbo set-up or ?
I think I'd like some new tips at some point and I like yours and V35's. Larger and thinner walls. Looks tough!!

Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ice350
I tell people all the time to be careful about the choice of wheels. They can make or break any car.
The M3 has tuner type wheels. Not bad but not very attractive either. They downgrade the car imo. So much that it looks like it doesn't belong in these pics...sitting next to that sweet 911. The stock M3 wheels do more for the car than these.
Sorry for being so forward but sometimes I can't help myself. I don't mean any harm.

Looks like a square setup on 18s for the track to me. Also looks like it is lowered. Never liked the look of the E46 that much especially compared to my new E92

Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by coco0045
Great Pictures! The Dectane LED looks great. I'm thinking of getting them but haven't decided yet.
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Great photos!

What are you waiting for? They do look great, gives the 997.1 a modern look, was test driving all the newer Porsche's today at the race track and love the front LED's, can't wait until Dectane makes thoses.

I thought the same thing. That's why I went with the RotTec's over the Dectanes
Rotec is nice in it's own way. The Dectane ones looks very OEM, besides that 'C' shape brake lights, I like everything about it.

Originally Posted by ice350

Those are track wheels, very light, and great price. He is looking for a set for the streets. He might get the BBS LM or something similar. You will like those better. I'll post some pics once he gets them. His car has adjustable coilovers, he was talking about lowering a bit more in the front.

Originally Posted by Jack667
Great shots! Nice scenery and awesome cars. Agree with Scoper on the *** shot.

Remind me about your rear bumper - which one is it? Also, do you know what exhaust tips are on the car? Did they come with the turbo set-up or ?
I think I'd like some new tips at some point and I like yours and V35's. Larger and thinner walls. Looks tough!!
Vorsteiner V-GT rear bumper with Carbon Fiber rear diffuser. This is a customer TPC exhaust that comes with the turbo.

Originally Posted by ryem3
Looks like a square setup on 18s for the track to me. Also looks like it is lowered. Never liked the look of the E46 that much especially compared to my new E92
Right, form over function. Those are indeed track wheels. I agree, when the E92 came out, the e46 looked outdated almost instantly. But the owner likes it and that is all that matters.

Thanks all for the compliments.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 AM
RaceCarDriver is infamous around these parts
Great cars, thats why i own both. You cant go wrong with either

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.