997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Exhaust: FVD “BROMBACHER” Street-Sport PDK (Cat-back) Vs. Tubi Style Cat-back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ravendog
Does anyone know if Tubi plans on developing headers/cats for the 997.2?
At this time we don't have any plans to develop headers/cats for the 997.2. We did test a set of cat-less headers last year, but to be perfectly honest there were no performance gains, and the sound was just unbearably loud. Just not worth it in our opinion.

Originally Posted by Arerrac911
Just found this on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jidkIn3-MJw&NR=1
I must say, it sounds amazing!
Thanks for the vid! I must say we've never had anyone regret their decision to go with a Tubi exhaust. It's characteristically Porsche, but with more volume and a perfectly aggressive note.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:22 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PFW_06C4S
The GT3 cup car sound is intoxicating. I know Afterhours Automotive ($1,100), GMG ($2,200-2,500) and Fabspeed Motorsports ($895) makes cup style exhausts - these are high flow and low weight designs. They all look like HQ pieces. If drone is an issue for you, these may not be it for you, especially if you are thinking about adding headers and/or cats later. Fabspeed even has a disclaimer recommending use only on the track

I am in the process of getting stock mufflers modified for sound (ie: gundo or fister mod) - I have took off the mufflers and started up the car - the cats are where the restriction and power is.... the car sounded like a GT3 cup car during idle and with revs, it crackles and screams! Awesome....

I spoke to a few mechanics and a few Porsche techs, all say the same thing - dont waste your money on that stuff. You will like it when you first buy the exhaust, but will get sick of the loudness. If it is a daily driver, you may want to think twice. If it is a weekend machine, you can pick and choose when you drive it. If you have had performance exhausts in the past and you enjoy the sounds, then you are already there! I am going for the modified mufflers as I have to stay budget minded ($250 with the donor mufflers) - got a sweet deal on ebay.

Have you also considered the Cargraphic? This has different sound levels and seems to be the closest to the original air cooled sounding models. Tubi sounds seem to emulate more of the Italian variety - more like Ferrari - who ever said that was a bad sound!?!

Enjoy the research and final mode...to me, the research is half the fun!

Great advice- I'm thinking Gundo vs Exhaust setup and the feedback above helps, thank you! Question, if going Gundo route - is a Fabspeed or FVD Bypass significant to the sound (or performance if any) ??