997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1S pccb to steel conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
997.1S pccb to steel conversion

I found a 997s with all the options I want and 1 I dont - PCCBs. Without getting it the whole "why do it" discussion, is there a simple way to replace the pccb rotors with steel ones?

I read some posts on the gt3 board but I am not sure the parts are the same as a 997.1S. I saw there is a way to keep the calipers but swap out the rotors. This would also necessitate a different brake pad made for steel vs pccb..

Can someone who has done this chime in?

Thanks

Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
getz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud ofgetz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PasPar2
I found a 997s with all the options I want and 1 I dont - PCCBs. Without getting it the whole "why do it" discussion, is there a simple way to replace the pccb rotors with steel ones?

I read some posts on the gt3 board but I am not sure the parts are the same as a 997.1S. I saw there is a way to keep the calipers but swap out the rotors. This would also necessitate a different brake pad made for steel vs pccb..

Can someone who has done this chime in?

Thanks

It can be done, and has been by some hard core track guys disgruntled by the price of replacement. That being said I love my PCCBs and have had on both of my 911s. If you aren't planning on using the car as a track dog, I would run the PCCBs until you need to replace them, which should be for a very long long time.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:38 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Why don't you and I swap brake parts....we will both be happy!
Because I sure would like the PCCB's....having those would mean I wouldn't have to wash my wheels EVERY time I go for a drive!

Stacy

Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I have Pccb and planning to keep them until they wear out. I just did 3days track event and planning to do one more this year. If you looking to switch them out there is a kit available from suncoast which is about $1500 you will keep your yellow calipers but switch out the rotors and pads.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
Why don't you and I swap brake parts....we will both be happy!
Because I sure would like the PCCB's....having those would mean I wouldn't have to wash my wheels EVERY time I go for a drive!

Stacy
Yes. But Stacy, that is only a few times a year, right?

Good idea though. Swap with the OP. Win Win.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
ACar is infamous around these parts
Love the no brake dust on my PCCB, but a little weary of the shorten lifespan from tracking. If and when I have to replace mine, I will likely get the conversion kit to steel.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:01 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Just get some Giro Disc Rotors from RSS and add either an OEM pad or a Pagid pad for the track and you will be fine.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:41 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
What kind of OEM pad can I get that has pccb caliper fitment that will work on a steel rotor?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I would imagine Pagid, I have buddies the GT3's that have swapped and they get Pagid's in their PCCB calipers.