997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Badge preferences - stock Black 997 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:43 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Badge preferences - stock Black 997 C2S

I suspect this answer might be best answered with a poll, but since polls are now located in the ether, I'm curious what people's thoughts are for the rear badge, in terms of what looks better. Let's say this is for a Black 997 C2S, otherwise stock. The most common remarks people have in other threads are:

debadged - cleaner look. The "Carrera S" written in the cursive font just doesn't go with the car.

stock "Carrera S" - it's stock, don't mess with it, it looks fine the way it is and doesn't need to be changed, that's why Porsche put it there

"911" - looks better than "Carrera S," emphasizes 911 marque (insert "but it's a 997" debate), simpler and cleaner than "Carrera S"

no preference - the badge isn't really noticeable and when it is, it doesn't make a big difference.

Any comments?

There's a poll here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...997-2-c2s.html
If enough people vote, we might get a good idea of what the general consensus is (assuming there is one).

Old 08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
My opinion is that the 'Carrera S' is too long. 911 or debadge gets my vote.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:35 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
I have 'Carrera' in black and 'S' in red on my white C2S.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I've been toying with the notion of going naked (no badge) lately.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
wseikow is infamous around these parts
how do you get the "S" red ?

Old 08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
zoomzoommo is infamous around these parts
Bumperplugs.com has a variety of badges in multiple colors.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:58 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
I like the stock Carrera S but wouldn't mind the "911".

Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I'm digging my current badgeless look...

Variety is the spice of life -

Old 08-15-2011, 08:21 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I like the 911 look on a black car.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I'm neutral on the badge issue. However, I think the black Carrera with a red S on a white car would look good.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
I've got the stock Carrera 4S on mine, but as I plan to black out as much as possible, I want to do the black 911. The simple 911 is growing on me very much, I've seen a few dealers here ordering that option. Nobody needs to read the exact model of my car.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 AM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to everyone who voted.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Too bad the polls got nerfed here. Over on rennlist, I got 3x the number of responses to the same question.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:34 PM
coco0045 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I've been toying with the notion of going naked (no badge) lately.
I prefer the debadged look..simple no lines. Although the white Pcar with black Carrera and red "S" looks cool. Does anymore know if you can put "997" instead of "911"...just curious.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
My vote is to keep the 'Carrera S' as is. To me the Carrera name is special so there's no way I would remove it. While I don't like all of the letters in 'Carrera GTS' on the rear of my car, I won't remove the GTS portion and absolutely won't remove the Carrera part either.

Now, if the images of the 991 are correct, there's far too many characters on the rear:
PORSCHE
911 Carrera S

Some serious designation removal is needed there since it appears Porsche plans on including the 911 text in the model designation on the rear.

Imagine how much space would be taken for a '911 Carrera 4 GTS' on the rear.