997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Installed PSE and SharkWerks bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Gasguzlr is infamous around these parts
I'm not sure how much the PSE weighs, i don't think it's THAT much heavier. On the other hand, the SW bypass drops I think 9 pounds by losing the centre muffler, so it could be a wash.

Cheers

Rosd

Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Are you tracking it? If not, the added weight of PSE is a non-issue...but the sound is intoxicating.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
I dont track my car. Maybe in the future. But with the xpipe, maybe that wont be an issue.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Tito_gsx is infamous around these parts
Thanks for posting video, mods sound great.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
thxbuff2001 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
Are you tracking it? If not, the added weight of PSE is a non-issue...but the sound is intoxicating.
Is there any droning with a PSE and xpipe?

Will I wake up the neighbors when I pass by?

Old 08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I don't get any drone with my PSE & SharkWerks Bypass. BUT, if I'm leaving before 8AM, I dont turn on the PSE until after I pull out of the neighborhood before 8AM.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Would love to see acceleration/deceleration vids of this!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:53 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wjohnson36
I don't get any drone with my PSE & SharkWerks Bypass. BUT, if I'm leaving before 8AM, I dont turn on the PSE until after I pull out of the neighborhood before 8AM.
wjohnson36, I was told by my PSE suplier the rear silencer on the PSE is basicaly a bypass inside, thus no big difference taking out the silencer and drop the SharkWerks bypass From the video I really can´t tell a big difference for my setup, did you really felt a big difference after bypass install in your PSE ?

J.Seven

Old 08-23-2011, 12:59 PM
There is absolutely a noticeable difference in sound with PSE and bypass. It goes from a rather aggressive sound to a higher-pitch, more raspy/angry sound. Very noticeable.

I may not be 100% correct, but I believe the PSE valve is located in the 2 side mufflers, AFTER the exhaust passes through the center muffler. So, but replacing the center muffler (which connects directly to the headers/cats) with open pipes has a measurable affect on the sound entering the secondary side mufflers (and PSE valves).

Old 08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Followed by wife on Sunday from suburbs to downtown Seattle with her 05 manual Boxster with top down (80+ degrees in Seattle...rare) and me in my Sharkwerks-bypass 09 C4s PDK (no PSE) in sport mode with manual paddle shifter.... She said it sounded nice, but that I had Exhaust envy! LOL

I guess she was ok finding out about my mod.
My installer still has my Sharkwerks T-shirt, but I'll get it when go back to pick up my OEM center muffler for safekeeping next week.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:35 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seapar
Followed by wife on Sunday from suburbs to downtown Seattle with her 05 manual Boxster with top down (80+ degrees in Seattle...rare) and me in my Sharkwerks-bypass 09 C4s PDK (no PSE) in sport mode with manual paddle shifter.... She said it sounded nice, but that I had Exhaust envy! LOL

I guess she was ok finding out about my mod.
My installer still has my Sharkwerks T-shirt, but I'll get it when go back to pick up my OEM center muffler for safekeeping next week.
Hehe thanks and so glad! Hey if they swiped your t-shirt do let me know We do have more

Old 08-30-2011, 05:57 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Picked up my OEM center muffler from installer for safekeeping yesterday . Oh, and I got my tee shirt too. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seapar
Picked up my OEM center muffler from installer for safekeeping yesterday . Oh, and I got my tee shirt too. Thanks.
Phew! What about the rubber shark:P

Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 AM
JohnSim is infamous around these parts
I just had the same thing done. PSE + Sharkwerks on my 2011 C2

I agree, the sound is awesome. I first had PSE installed and I really noticed the tonal difference on up/down shift revs. I had read about cross pipes, etc... and decided to add the sharkwerks option as a nice (and relatively inexpensive) addition. I just picked it up this morning and wow. More noticeable and a stronger growl, but not too much. I still think within the "Porsche personality" for lack of better terms. No regrets on my part! and btw... this is my first post on here.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by JohnSim
I agree, the sound is awesome. I first had PSE installed and I really noticed the tonal difference on up/down shift revs. I had read about cross pipes, etc... and decided to add the sharkwerks option as a nice (and relatively inexpensive) addition. I just picked it up this morning and wow. More noticeable and a stronger growl, but not too much. I still think within the "Porsche personality" for lack of better terms. No regrets on my part! and btw... this is my first post on here.
Hi John, welcome to the mad house and so glad you like it I'm glad the GTS' are outfitted with the PSE. It's very much like the GT3 stuff we do where we turn the button on and off into sedate/fierce mode.