997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Took some pics today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 01:58 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Took some pics today

I listed my car for sale last week and thought I should deal with some maintenance stuff.So I spent yesterday afternoon doing an oil change,changing spark plugs and cleaning the MAF.The usual stuff,especially IF the car should find a new home,LOL! I was going to try and do a DIY for the spark plugs BUT it's wayyyy to tight in there to get good pics for you guys to see,especially working off of jack-stands!If I had a hoist it would have been doable...
Well after I was done I felt inspired to go for a drive...So
I got up early this morning and went out to take some better pics of the car.
Hope you enjoy them...

Last edited by justatoy; 08-22-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:14 PM
CARTOON is infamous around these parts
Looks great! Who makes the wheels?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:18 PM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Not a big fan of black simply because it's too much of a job for me.

BUT...Your car is absolutely flawless!

Best of luck with on the sale!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:23 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CARTOON
Looks great! Who makes the wheels?
DPE.......

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
looks great man!
Thanks Casey!

Originally Posted by henrysko
Not a big fan of black simply because it's too much of a job for me.

BUT...Your car is absolutely flawless!

Best of luck with on the sale!
YES black is alot of work but well worth it when it is clean.Thanks for the compliment....
Part of me HOPES that it doesn't sell.....LOL!

Stacy

Old 08-21-2011, 02:56 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
stunning ride!

Can you give us some specs on the lowering and the wheel/tire combo?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Nice pics!

I'll wait for your friends to chime in with comments like "you might as well sell it since you never drive it" etc

Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Ramluro is infamous around these partsRamluro is infamous around these parts
stunning.... love your car

Old 08-21-2011, 04:30 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Why are you selling it? Its truly a beauty.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by kouzman
stunning ride!

Can you give us some specs on the lowering and the wheel/tire combo?
Thank-you!
The wheels are DPE Spsc-5's done in machined finish with polished lips.20 X 8.5 front with P-zero nero 235/30/20's and 20 X 11 rear with 305/25/20's

Originally Posted by Jack667
Nice pics!

I'll wait for your friends to chime in with comments like "you might as well sell it since you never drive it" etc

Thanks Jack.....
AND,
Those aren't my friends....NO matter how bad they want to be...

Originally Posted by Ramluro
stunning.... love your car
Thanks

Originally Posted by lowpue
Why are you selling it? Its truly a beauty.
The guilt of owning such an expensive car and NOT driving it.......that is why I am selling it.Pretty expensive piece of art to have and not use,LOL!

On a side note....just received a tentative offer a couple of hours ago BUT it was a bit low so I turned it down!
Kinda nice being able to sell something on my terms,NOT because I have too!

Thanks all for the kind words!

Stacy

Old 08-21-2011, 05:51 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Nice pics. Your car looks flawless. Are you buying anything to replace it?

I am changing out my spark plugs next weekend (hopefully) as well. How long did it take you to do? Any recommendations before I start? Did you remove the mufflers? I just purchased a set of Jackpoint stands and all the other necessary tools (extensions, sockets, etc) to change out the plugs, so I am looking forward to getting started.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
pic came out great Stacy....u will miss her

Old 08-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Beautiful, not much to say that hasn't been said. Good luck with your sale. Someone will be very happy and hopefully enjoy it more than just washing, waxing, and staring. lol

Old 08-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by 911cv
Nice pics. Your car looks flawless. Are you buying anything to replace it?

I am changing out my spark plugs next weekend (hopefully) as well. How long did it take you to do? Any recommendations before I start? Did you remove the mufflers? I just purchased a set of Jackpoint stands and all the other necessary tools (extensions, sockets, etc) to change out the plugs, so I am looking forward to getting started.
I am calling "CARS" quits for a bit.I am burnt out with them and need a break so that I can appreciate them again,LOL!
Spark plugs are a pain to do.....you will need and array of tools and a good imagination on how to use them,LOL! Getting to the bolts that hold the coil packs on are the hardest part....that and unclipping the wire plugs to the coil packs! I did not remove the mufflers.......but they are not the issue.The issue IS the brackets that the mufflers bolt to!
Good luck...I was 3.5 hours and that was with an oil change!

Originally Posted by rvhpno80
pic came out great Stacy....u will miss her
Thanks Ron......I WILL miss it.Ken(keninirvine) told me the story of his black cab when he sold that......and he even sent pictures of it being loaded up on the flatbed tow truck.It kinda put things into perspective for me!

Originally Posted by Ynot
Beautiful, not much to say that hasn't been said. Good luck with your sale. Someone will be very happy and hopefully enjoy it more than just washing, waxing, and staring. lol
I do hope someone will find the mods to their liking and actually enjoy the car for what it is.....after-all it IS just a car,LOL!

Cheers all,

Stacy

Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
awesome car...heres to finding a good home for her.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:52 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Stacy,

An immaculate car as always, and great job on the Turbo bumper conversion. Sad to see that you will be selling the car, but you have your reasons. I hope the car will go to a deserved owner who will take good care of it. Best wishes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took some pics today