997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Solved the squeaky door problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Solved the squeaky door problem.

The issue of the squeaky door has been driving me nuts since I owned my Boxster. Door squeaked constantly when the top was down. My 997 cab does the same thing. Assumed it was built in to annoy cab owners. Solved the problem with a half pennies worth of plastic electricians tape. Used yellow for purposes of the attached pics, have switched over to black to make the mod less noticable. Crude I know but, no more squeaking door. As I can't hear the passenger side door I can't confirm whether or not it needs the "fix". 'Spose I could add the tape to the other door just for the heck of it, tape costing what it does and all.

Please keep this fix a secret from Porsche AG as after suffering 10 years of Porsche ownership on two different cars with the same problem I can only assume they don't care much about the squeaky door problem.

Attached Images