997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW.....it is sold!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 04:47 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
WOW.....it is sold!

Please excuse me IF this post jumps around all over the place,as my thoughts are a little confused and scattered.I will add to this post as the thoughts present themselves!

As alot of you have watched me and my crazy journey of modifying a stock 2005 997S Cabriolet….I just want to thank all those who gave me the courage,support and advice to complete this journey and even some of you who twisted my arm into buying parts that I otherwise probably would have passed on,LOL!.Everything thing form the one off custom side skirts and rear spats,to the rather lengthy thread of a modified VF supercharger install and turbo front bumper and whatever other STUPID things I did,LOL!.I have spent a ton of time with you on the forums and tons of time with some of you via emails and phone calls……and through all of this I have made some real good friends !

So anyway,
I listed my car for sale a couple of weeks ago and with no phone calls or interest the first week……..the second week the phone was ringing quite a bit.I had numerous offers from low ones to the one I actually accepted(very,very close to asking price).Which is why I am posting this message…to let you guys know that my car has been SOLD.
I have to say that watching the car drive away did sting a little BUT on the other hand,I have never admired my car,from afar,like I did when it drove by! It is amazing how you can own a car and look at it everyday BUT when you actually see it drive down the road……..IS when you really appreciate the hard work and true beauty of it!
The new owner is an amazing gentleman who really commended me on the pride I took in the car….which obviously reflected in his offer!So although I am left with an empty garage and an empty spot in my heart……I have to say that the car went to a GREAT home! OH and he also decided to take it with the 'Gold' wheels which means that the DPE SPSC5's(split spoke concaves) are going up for sale!

I know a lot of you are thinking "What is next"…….my answer is nothing.Before I buy another vehicle I need to start using them for what they are……driving! Over the years I have gotten all tied up into trying to keep them as close to show room floor condition that I stopped enjoying them.I wouldn't park it anywhere,I wouldn't drive it the rain,I was always worried of rock chips and anything else that could impact it's looks…….I could NOT even go to the corner store without washing it before tucking it away in my garage…NO kidding! Which is why it only stung a little and NOT a lot, to watch it drive off.I am relieved that my worry of keeping it clean and in pristine condition is gone!

So I hope the new owner enjoys driving it as much as I did modifying it!

AND thanks to all of you………I couldn't have done it without you!

Cheers,

Stacy

PS……pics of it on its journey,LOL...

Stock.....

Wheels and bodykit being built in my garage.....

Supercharger install....

Wheels......

Turbo front bumper...

Winter cleaning.....

Last edited by justatoy; 03-17-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
You suck Stacy....

Here is the link to your new forum

http://www.truckforums.com/forum/ford-f-350-forum-18/

Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I'm heartbroken. She should've been mine...

Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NorthVan
You suck Stacy....

Here is the link to your new forum

http://www.truckforums.com/forum/ford-f-350-forum-18/
LOL.....my truck IS the only vehicle I have ever abused...after-all it is only a work vehicle,LOL!
If it's lucky it gets washed once a year,LOL!
Originally Posted by cavsct94
I'm heartbroken. She should've been mine...
LOL,sorry but.....

Old 08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Congratulations and condolences.

The good news is that an empty garage and a check = a nearly limitless reason to think about and research how to get rid of the latter and fill the former.

FWIW, the way I solved my similar behavior with respect to 911s past was to turn my last two into daily drivers. It still bothers me when my car is dirty or there's a new rock chip, but I'm using it whenever possible, rather than having it sit in the garage.

Good luck with your journey.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Your pm inbox must be blowing up with offers for those sick DPE's

Old 08-30-2011, 05:02 PM
henrysko is infamous around these partshenrysko is infamous around these parts
Good for you!

Life's way too short to be so stressed & obsessed over a car. Enjoy your newfound freedom.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:06 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by henrysko
Enjoy your newfound freedom.
For as long as you can stand it...

Then go out and find another 'Justatoy' to play with...just spend more time playing than cleaning.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
BTW - I'm still laughing about the reference to 'Justatoy Junior' in the message about your decision to sell. Hillarious!

Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Rxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the rough
Stacy,

I've always admired you for going against the grain. I have always modified all my cars to my liking...sometimes I'm happy with it and sometimes I kick myself in the rear end. Glad you got close to your asking price. Your car IS a beauty.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Congratulations and condolences.

The good news is that an empty garage and a check = a nearly limitless reason to think about and research how to get rid of the latter and fill the former.

FWIW, the way I solved my similar behavior with respect to 911s past was to turn my last two into daily drivers. It still bothers me when my car is dirty or there's a new rock chip, but I'm using it whenever possible, rather than having it sit in the garage.

Good luck with your journey.
Thank you....I just need a break from the car thing!

Originally Posted by henrysko
Good for you!

Life's way too short to be so stressed & obsessed over a car. Enjoy your newfound freedom.
Thanks...however I am still married....

Originally Posted by wjohnson36
For as long as you can stand it...

Then go out and find another 'Justatoy' to play with...just spend more time playing than cleaning.
That is what I hope I can learn to do,LOL!

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
BTW - I'm still laughing about the reference to 'Justatoy Junior' in the message about your decision to sell. Hillarious!
It was a good one,LOL!

Originally Posted by Rxxxdruggist
Stacy,

I've always admired you for going against the grain. I have always modified all my cars to my liking...sometimes I'm happy with it and sometimes I kick myself in the rear end. Glad you got close to your asking price. Your car IS a beauty.
Thank-you......I thoroughly enjoyed the work and the final result of this one!

Stacy

Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
u did it! congrats....may it rip.
I think u need to work on another 997.....just think of all the people u have met and know from this forum. I know carole would agree,"start a new project". It's worth the stretch....LOL

Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
I am heart broken!

Old 08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Stacy: You've kept us very entertained over the past 2 years, and have provided motivation for some folks to take on challenges they might have avoided had it not been for your enthusiastic posts. As you know, you even inspired me to do things I might not have done otherwise. I enjoyed my rides in your car during its different stages of development, and always looked forward to the creative photo sessions.

At least I won't have to ship any more parts to you, at least until you get your next project toy.

Your initial attempt to sell your car a few years ago resulted in our meeting and becoming great friends since then. And I'm sure neither of us will forget that fantastic run we made together in our cars in July 2010 between Kelowna and Vancouver. Fantastic!

Congratulations on a good sale for a good price for both buyer and seller.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
u did it! congrats....may it rip.
I think u need to work on another 997.....just think of all the people u have met and know from this forum. I know carole would agree,"start a new project". It's worth the stretch....LOL
I did.......BUT for now,"I"...I mean "WE"(Carole included) are going to enjoy doing nothing! I am looking forward to boredom!....

Originally Posted by lacrosse
I am heart broken!
LOL....

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Stacy: You've kept us very entertained over the past 2 years, and have provided motivation for some folks to take on challenges they might have avoided had it not been for your enthusiastic posts. As you know, you even inspired me to do things I might not have done otherwise. I enjoyed my rides in your car during its different stages of development, and always looked forward to the creative photo sessions.

At least I won't have to ship any more parts to you, at least until you get your next project toy.

Your initial attempt to sell your car a few years ago resulted in our meeting and becoming great friends since then. And I'm sure neither of us will forget that fantastic run we made together in our cars in July 2010 between Kelowna and Vancouver. Fantastic!

Congratulations on a good sale for a good price for both buyer and seller.
The entertaining people part is why I do this stuff...to give you all something to read! The inspiring/motivating others is just a benefit of posting these projects online.I am the farthest thing from a mechanic and somehow got through all of it!

Oh and Ken....don't worry about shipping parts for some time!I am done for a while

The meeting people IS the best part of belonging to these forums....ending up with "GREAT" friends......WELL,words cannot describe it!
For all those of you that do not know.....we end up seeing Ken 4-5 times a year...even IF we do not want too,LOL! HECk he even invited himself to spend the night ONCE,LOL!
A few others that I keep in touch with,more often than I like,Northvan(Ed) and jjc4scab(Jim)...LOL!

AND that road trip from Kelowna was THE best drive I have ever had!

Cheers and you ALMOST brought a tear to my eye.....Jack-a$$!....ROFL

Last edited by justatoy; 08-30-2011 at 06:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW.....it is sold!