997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best exhaust for 997.2 C2S PDK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 AM
robster1974 is infamous around these parts
Best exhaust for 997.2 C2S PDK

Hi All, Am searching around youtube for examples of some really deep racy exhausts systems for my 997.2 C2S PDK. I have the sports exhaust option but was after something deeper-racier sounding (lambo-like). Two questions: Would changing the exhaust system still allow me to 'toggle' between a quieter and sportier mode? And what exhaust system would you recommend. Many thanks.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I'd look into the FVD exhaust designed for the PDK cars. I've been very happy with their products and service.

Here's a link one member posted on the system: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...4s-review.html

Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Thank indeed Alan, great looks S too btw.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
You Porsche flat 6 engine will NEVER sound deep like a Lambo....no exhaust can change the fundamental tone of a flat 6 engine.

I've had a few exhaust's on 997 cars and been in many others at the track. Hope this info helps some:
Since you have PSE and I have it currently on my GTS I will base this off of what PSE sounds like...
Tubi is a lot like PSE but a tad louder

Fabspeed has the highs muffled more, not as loud at mid rpms somewhat deeper sounding

AWE is stock like quiet at idle and around town and more puffy air sounding. Very quiet mufflers a little more growl than stock.

Borla is probablem the deepest sounding with very muffled highs.

Cargraphic is in between the PSE/Tubi and Fabspeed sound.

I hear lots of great things about FVD but I've never experienced them.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
I have the tubi and it sounds great by itself. I added the plenum and evoms software it now it just awesome. It has a low end throaty feel with a high end pop to it.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I'm going with the OEM PSE with Cargraphic GT3 style center-exit by-pass pipe. If that's still not enough noise, I think I'll add the Fabspeed HFC headers.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Thanks all. Will attend my first Porsche club meeting next tues and also ask around. Must admit Tubi sounds awesome (on fb) but prefer to hear firsthand. Meanwhile can anyone recommend any workshops besides the dealers that specialize in Porsche fit outs?

Old 09-05-2011, 05:12 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 PM
alexstjo is infamous around these parts
I am in the same boat as you. I have PSE and wonder if I will lose that function with a new exhaust. Can someone answer that for me?

thanks

Old 09-05-2011, 06:54 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
Depending if your after-market exhaust has the valvetronic option. If it has then it can be linked to your PSE.

Usually these after-market exhaust uses the remote control to open/close the internal flap. A good mechanic will be able to wire them properly (i.e. remove the need for remote control) to work with the PSE button on the front panel.

Originally Posted by alexstjo
I am in the same boat as you. I have PSE and wonder if I will lose that function with a new exhaust. Can someone answer that for me?

thanks

Old 09-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alexstjo

thanks

Fabspeed manufactures a Valvetronic Maxflo Exhaust system that will incorporate the PSE vacuum lines and SPORT button control. This is a direct replacement exhaust system that can be installed in 2-3 hours with no cutting or welding which will improve the Carrera/S exhaust tone to a much more deeper, throatier note. You must purchase our dual-style tips to compliment the system if you replace your PSE exhaust.
Here is a video of the Valvetronic Exhaust installed:

2009 997.2 C2S Valvetronic Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIZGKCsyfeg

2007 997 C2S Valvetronic Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ydFqbLq08

2007 997 C2 Valvetronic Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ZSyFwxI6M

Old 09-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Thanks Josef. Great sounding car. Would you (or anyone) be able to recommend any dealer/installer of Fabspeed Valvetronic Maxflo Exhaust system in Sydney Australia?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
I gotta say the Fabspeed stuff sounds great! I had Fabspeed mufflers on a 2006 then transfered to a 2007 997S. Both cars were street and track cars and the Fabspeed mufflers held up great...well made zero issues.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Alex K is infamous around these parts
This is what I have and I'm loving it. Just installed a Techart filter and it sounds even better. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAk3RSxnLlc

Old 09-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robster1974
Thanks Josef. Great sounding car. Would you (or anyone) be able to recommend any dealer/installer of Fabspeed Valvetronic Maxflo Exhaust system in Sydney Australia?
We have a wholesale account in Victoria by the name of Fitsgerald Racing. They are located in Warrandyte and the contact is Peter (peterfitz@fitz-racing.com.au).

Originally Posted by mdrums
I gotta say the Fabspeed stuff sounds great! I had Fabspeed mufflers on a 2006 then transfered to a 2007 997S. Both cars were street and track cars and the Fabspeed mufflers held up great...well made zero issues.
Thank you for the compliments Mike!