997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Finally bit the bullet and did some mods on my ’06 C2.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Finally bit the bullet and did some mods on my ’06 C2.

I’ve been watching with admiration the mods that a lot of you make to your cars. I can say by I am impressed with the thoughtfulness, uniqueness and execution. Each and every car has been an inspiration to me.

My approach evolved into something that would be somewhat conservative yet capture a flavor of old school 911’s. I was looking to maintain the integrity of the 997 and accent it the passion and drive of the earlier 911. I am not sure I accomplished anything but I am happy with the results.

To give the car a better more aggressive stance and improve the handling a bit I installed Eibach lowering springs. I was a little worried about the impact on the ride quality and can say with confidence there is nothing to fear. The car is as compliant as before the mod. I will say the 1” makes a significant impact in the overall handling of the car. It feels like it was lowered a foot. It’s like it’s on rails. I can only imagine what a PSS10 or similar kit must be like. It might also be the corner balancing / alignment – just a great mod

While the wheels were off to have the springs installed I decided to have them powder coated black. In talking with my indie mechanic about colors he suggested going with the original Fuch’s 20% black so I did. Not to satin and not to gloss plus is works with my overall goal of paying tribute to the predecessor 911’s.

When I picked the car up I noticed that with the black wheels the brake calipers all but disappeared. Talking with my indie again he suggested since I have a C2 that keeping it period / model correct would be best. As much as I like red and yellow it just would not have felt right and I don’t think it would have worked with the theme of including hits of old school. My choices were black or silver. I chose silver and painted these up this week. I really like the classic look the silver calipers have with the black wheels. I did include a little red by using red “PORSCHE” lettering on the calipers.

Once I mounted up the wheels the calipers really worked well I think but the wheels just looked so solid black. I was thinking about adding wheels stripes but I am leaning both ways with regard to them. I decided that I could break up the black and pick up the red in the calipers by adding a small bit of “PORSCHE” lettering on the wheel itself. It’s very subtle yet seems to add a nice accent to the wheels.

After that all that was left was to add the black stone guards – and they really pulled they entire thing together for me.

What do you think?

Last edited by Matt(inMA); 09-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
jabed92694 is infamous around these parts
Wow that looks awesome! Great choice!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:05 PM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
I think you did a great job with it. Car looks really good but would be absolutely kick a$$ with an aerokit front bumper and wing. I am biased though.....

Old 09-02-2011, 07:19 PM
drifter12 is infamous around these parts
kudos, really tastefully done =). love the choice on silver for the calipers, and the black stone guards.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Ramluro is infamous around these partsRamluro is infamous around these parts
Nice job, subtle but very tasteful.Enjoy...

Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Well done.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Rotor is infamous around these parts
Love the black lobsters. Wish mine were.....

Rotor
2008 997 C2S

Old 09-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
The car looks great. I've been debating having the wheels on my car powder-coated black.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 PM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
it's amazing how little things makes a huge difference...
I got Eibach springs last week as well, waiting to get allignment/corner balancing done. Haven't driven much but I can tell it feels great.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 AM
RickB is infamous around these parts
Very nice! What's next??

Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 AM
charles06 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by simtiaz
it's amazing how little things makes a huge difference...
I got Eibach springs last week as well, waiting to get allignment/corner balancing done. Haven't driven much but I can tell it feels great.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't corner balance a car with only springs on it. Don't you need the adjustability of coilovers to do so?

Old 09-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Gator Skin is infamous around these parts
Love it. I think it would look great w the solid red tail lights to complete the look.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:21 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Stone Guards

+1 BLACK Stone Guards

Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2011, 02:24 PM
dblcrwn is infamous around these parts
looks awesome

Old 09-03-2011, 04:28 PM
bob/ft.worth is infamous around these parts
very tasteful! subtle elegance. And, the wheel crests point at the valve stems, how many folks miss this little detail with a nod to the past

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally bit the bullet and did some mods on my ’06 C2.