997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Outstanding polish/wax for your Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Ramluro is infamous around these partsRamluro is infamous around these parts
Outstanding polish/wax for your Porsche

I was at Autozone yesterday to grab some Mobil 1, and came across Zymol Cleaner Wax($14). I seen Zymol advertised in European Car magazines, but I have never tried their products. Anyway, I grabbed a bottle and I am amazed at what a quality product it is, amazing shine and smell. All natural, no chemicals, etc. Never heard of "organic" car care products before, maybe this is a first.
I did more research online and found this kit specially formulated for Porsche. I just placed my order and thought i'd share it with you guys. All the best...

http://www.zymol.com/zymolglasurglaze8oz.aspx
http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Porsche-Glasur-Smart-Treat/dp/B003ANM6GA

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-04-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 09-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Rotor is infamous around these parts
I used this on a Smoke Silver Benz I owned a few years back. I liked it for ease of application and you're right, it smells great. Decent stuff for not much $$$.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
I've been using Zymol's HD Cleanse for 12 years. You should try this product. You apply it after you wash your car. You use a foam applicator and rub it in-in straight lines. Let it haze then buff it off with a clean cloth.

It will take all your swirl marks away. Absolutely amazing stuff. It get's the paint sooooo clean.

Then you apply your wax.

I had an NSX that I bought used. It was black and had severe swirl marks. That HD CLeanse made it look brand new. I guarantee you or anyone else will love this product.

Originally Posted by Ramluro
I was at Autozone yesterday to grab some Mobil 1, and came across Zymol Cleaner Wax($14). I seen Zymol advertised in European Car magazines, but I have never tried their products. Anyway, I grabbed a bottle and I am amazed at what a quality product it is, amazing shine and smell. All natural, no chemicals, etc. Never heard of "organic" car care products before, maybe this is a first.
I did more research online and found this kit specially formulated for Porsche. I just placed my order and thought i'd share it with you guys. All the best...

http://www.zymol.com/zymolglasurglaze8oz.aspx
http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Porsche-.../dp/B003ANM6GA

Old 09-04-2011, 07:33 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Ramluro - can you post a full size of your profile picture? That's classic.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Zaino.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vintage TONE
I've been using Zymol's HD Cleanse for 12 years. You should try this product. You apply it after you wash your car. You use a foam applicator and rub it in-in straight lines. Let it haze then buff it off with a clean cloth.

It will take all your swirl marks away. Absolutely amazing stuff. It get's the paint sooooo clean.

Then you apply your wax.

I had an NSX that I bought used. It was black and had severe swirl marks. That HD CLeanse made it look brand new. I guarantee you or anyone else will love this product.
I'm far from a detailing expert, but I have done my due diligence and educated myself on many of the basics of car detailing. As for 'Porsche' specific wax, or any paint product for that matter, this is a bunch of hooey. I have admittedly succumbed to this marketing nonsense and purchased a rather expensive tub of wax 'specifically formulated for Porsche paint'.
Any expert will tell you that above all else is the importance of paint preparation before applying the LSP. No wax or sealant can adequately substitute for a proper wash, clay, and single or multi-step machine polish.

As for Zymol 'removing' swirl marks, unless this is an abrasive liquid applied with a rotary or DA orbital machine (not hand), what this stuff is likely doing is just filling in the defects in the clear rather than actually removing them. This is fine as long as you don't expect the effect to have any longevity.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
Sorry..........but you are dead wrong. No offense

Originally Posted by bonehead
I'm far from a detailing expert, but I have done my due diligence and educated myself on many of the basics of car detailing. As for 'Porsche' specific wax, or any paint product for that matter, this is a bunch of hooey. I have admittedly succumbed to this marketing nonsense and purchased a rather expensive tub of wax 'specifically formulated for Porsche paint'.
Any expert will tell you that above all else is the importance of paint preparation before applying the LSP. No wax or sealant can adequately substitute for a proper wash, clay, and single or multi-step machine polish.

As for Zymol 'removing' swirl marks, unless this is an abrasive liquid applied with a rotary or DA orbital machine (not hand), what this stuff is likely doing is just filling in the defects in the clear rather than actually removing them. This is fine as long as you don't expect the effect to have any longevity.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:44 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
No offense taken. Like I said, I'm not an expert. But saying I'm "dead wrong" isn't the most well formulated argument. Can you explain why or should I just believe you?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big believer in the 4 step process.

1. Deposit coins in slot
2. Select wash and sealant foo foo wax
3. Put car in neutral and watch the brushes
4. Select gear and drive out somewhat cleaner without breaking a sweat

How could you ask for more?

Old 09-04-2011, 09:57 PM
coco0045 is infamous around these parts
I absolutely love Zymol wax. So far only used it twice this year and the car looks even better than the previous time. Great product for the $.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:27 AM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
LOL, no. Nothing applied by hand in "straight lines" takes out swirl makes. Fills them in, yes. Takes them out? No.

HD Cleanse is a very very mild abrasive cleaner wax. Great stuff, but if you expect to get any real correction out of it, you've been sniffing it too closely. bonehead is right in this case.

I need to do the 997, but I use Menzerna polishes and top them with Collinite 845 during the winter, and Lusso Oro during the summer. Collinite lasts longer but doesn't get the depth of shine the Lusso Oro does.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:16 AM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I second member bonehead being 100% correct. If you are seeing any correction at all with an off the shelf cleaner wax applied by hand all you are doing is filling the swirls with oils.

While i was a loyal zymol user years ago, there are better products out there. Also know there are two zymols, the boutique stuff, and the stuff at Autozone, which is made by Turtle wax.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Ramluro is infamous around these partsRamluro is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
Ramluro - can you post a full size of your profile picture? That's classic.
Story behind this picture. My 7yr old son built a GT3 RS lego kit and wanted to daddy to buy the real car. So I took him to see the car they had in the showroom at a local dealership. He wanted a pic of his car against the real one. I love the GT3 RS, but its most likely not practical for the way I use my C4S.

Attached Images    
Old 09-05-2011, 07:34 AM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
As said above, to get any correction in the paint you need a buffer.

Clay, 2 step polish, and wax. Go to the detailing section. It will give you a good starting point.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:09 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
thanks for the info.... $101.00 how big is the jar? and how many application can you get out of the 1 jar?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Outstanding polish/wax for your Porsche