997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

brake caliper paint info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
brake caliper paint info

Hello everyone,

I need some opinions on rust oleum brake caliper paint... any one used this product before??
whats the difference between G2 caliper paint and the rust oleum spray..
thanks guys

Old 09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Taxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really niceTaxi! is just really nice
The G2 is a brush on paint that comes in a kit with a small brush, brake cleaner, etc. With liquid paint, as opposed to spray paint, you'll have much less masking to do and can worry less about overspray. Additionally, the G-2 liquid paint is pretty thick and IIRC only requires one coat for an even finish. I used it and got great results.

Don't forget to get some replacement caliper stickers!

Old 09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I used G2 on my 996 and it worked well. I put 3 coats on before I got the sharp corners covered. It's an easy one night job.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold911cv is a splendid one to behold
Alan C. --- can you post some pics? Thanks.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:24 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
thanks guys, I used g2 before, but for me I think the spray paint is easier, but my concern was if its going to be the same durability, the G2 I think looks great, how do you guys do the stickers, paint caliper and then put the sticker and you put some clear coat on top of the sticker??

Old 10-31-2011, 04:25 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
How do you match the factory red or the yellow colors ? My C2 Turbo has a small nick that i would like to fix it ?

Any feed back on fixing that, primer and paint or just 2-3 layers of paint ?

Thanks

Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 PM
slant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura aboutslant83 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Taxi!
The G2 is a brush on paint that comes in a kit with a small brush, brake cleaner, etc. With liquid paint, as opposed to spray paint, you'll have much less masking to do and can worry less about overspray. Additionally, the G-2 liquid paint is pretty thick and IIRC only requires one coat for an even finish. I used it and got great results.

+1..used G2 on several Porsches and still going strong on my 2005 and 2008. Get the stickers from eBay ($10.00 for six stickers)..Great results, holds up extremely well, resists wheel cleaners and easy application !!!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:06 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
i used G2 too and tracked my car - there is no color fade at all. i am quite impressed.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:53 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Taxi!

exactly ....what he said

Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I decided to use spray paint because I wanted to avoid the "heavy" look that I had seen with using G-2. This may have been from not applying it correctly.

I used a high temp silver with red caliper stickers. A couple of coats of silver, applied the stickers, a couple of coats of high temp clear. I really like how they came out.

Best,

Matt