997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gundo Hack today (with removal and re-install)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
If you want to trust a muffler shop for your car...up to you. The only reason I went to FD is because he owns P Cars and understands them.

Don't know if there is anyone in your area...but you never know...good luck on your search.

IMHO I would go across country if I knew I could trust the work and the person...but that's me.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
leverkusen is infamous around these parts
No i understand. Thank you. Not necessarily a muffler shop only. For instance not sure if any of the other sports car performance outfitters will do this or if they tend to avoid for whatever reason. I would rather it not be a muffler place only. Rather a porsche oriented performance shop

Old 03-14-2012, 01:21 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I love the Gundo Hack! I recently installed iPE Innotech Valvetronic Mufflers on my 07 S and I will post a comparison when I get a chance. They are on YouTube as well under iPE Innotech Valvetronic 997 S. My only two words of advice on whether or not to Gundo Hack are:

"DO IT!"

Just listen to how sweet they sound! Here is a clip of my Gundo Hacked Mufflers:

Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Cattman
Yessir, I have tried it all, and I found that my favorite combination was Gundo Hack, AWE cats, and the SC. The SC added a bit of a high-pitched whistle, not loud, but enough in a parking lot or on track to signal that this is not one car you want to tangle with.

Enjoy your Gundo's, they look to be very well done, and I've seen many botch jobs out there.
CATTMAN
you have a supercharger on your 997? details? is it something that is widely available? and i see 530hp... is that the one? i am very interested in this, i love sc's, understated statement, think i should start a thread, or have you already?,tia, kk

Last edited by kkswow12; 03-14-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-14-2012, 02:41 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kkswow12
you have a supercharger on your 997? details? is it something that is widely available? and i see 530hp... is that the one? i am very interested in this, i love sc's, understated statement, think i should start a thread, or have you already?,tia, kk
Today I dropped off my 997 T4S for a TPC Supercharger install. I will post a thread about it later. My car will be gone for one to two weeks. When it comes back, it just might be the fastest 997 Targa on the planet!

Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 AM
tjkarwal is infamous around these parts
Ok, I want it.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:02 AM
tjkarwal is infamous around these parts
Any issues with voiding any manufacturer warranty if you do this?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Today I dropped off my 997 T4S for a TPC Supercharger install. I will post a thread about it later. My car will be gone for one to two weeks. When it comes back, it just might be the fastest 997 Targa on the planet!
I would love to do it!
Anyone have a recommendation for a reputable muffler shop in the Portland, OR area?

Any should I go with aluminum or stainless steel - I wasn't sure where you guys landed on that.
Did I hear that a muffler shop can powder coat the exhaust tip as well?

And what is the sharkwerks by-pass? Should I do that versus gundo??

Old 03-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Harmony Jim is infamous around these parts
I also would like to know the factory's opinion in regards to car still covered under the OEM warranty. A secondary issue is the California "visual inspection" part of the smog tests. Would these mods catch the eye of the smog stations and cause a fail for the visual inspection component of the test?

Old 03-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Harmony Jim
I also would like to know the factory's opinion in regards to car still covered under the OEM warranty. A secondary issue is the California "visual inspection" part of the smog tests. Would these mods catch the eye of the smog stations and cause a fail for the visual inspection component of the test?
I've heard no impact on warranty as it is the same as the Porsche Sport Exhaust (without the valvea$

Unless the smog station removes the mufflers and knows what it looks like original non sport exhaust mufflers look like, they won't know. It will not add to smog.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Ryanm51981 is infamous around these parts
I'm doing that soon too.... Looking forward to it .

Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I'm doing mine next Saturday!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Harmony Jim
It's so hard to see the hack...I doubt any smog inspector would have a clue what to look for. Love mine!!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 AM
Mark Harris is infamous around these parts
Hack scheduled for Thursday!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:41 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Perhaps I'm blind, but can you guys post a link of exact what you guys are doing. Perhaps a step by step walk? I'm comfortable removing my own mufflers, however I can't follow what you guys are hacking.

Also, anyone have a contact in Michigan?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gundo Hack today (with removal and re-install)