997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cat on roof of Cabriolet - scratches on hood

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 AM
lonewolfdj has a spectacular aura aboutlonewolfdj has a spectacular aura about
Cat on roof of Cabriolet - scratches on hood

Hi guys,

I was coming up to the house yesterday after working 12 hours for the second day in a row and go out to the garage to find one of the outside cats on the roof of my car (around 9pm I find it).

I picked it up off the roof and gave it a toss and then started looking the car over to find where it climbed up. It hopped from the front left side just to the right of the headlight and landed on the hood - walked up the hood scratching everywhere and then it climbed onto the roof.

I seriously almost shot the cat I was so angry.

I spent about 4 hours washing, claying, polishing, and waxing the car to minimize the damage.

I ended up polishing and waxing the hood 3 times and removed nearly all the scratches. Then I couldn't let the rest of the car sit dirty so I clayed, polished, and waxed the rest of the car. I finished around 1:00 AM.

I just wanted to vent and share the story of my rough day.

I didn't take photos b/c my DSLR wasn't handy and my iPhone wasn't able to capture the scratches due to the lighting.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Keep the cat off the car! I can't stand when the cat goes on my car. Best thing I have had work: SSScat! Motion activated deterrent. And you can use regular canned air as the refill - no need to buy their marked up smaller version.

The ultrasonic cat deterrents aren't always effective - depends on the cat. They gave me a headache everytime I walked past too.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
.........they don't call Porsche a ***** magnet for nothing ya know.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I feel your pain. I had a cat that use to jump all over my 993. No more cat.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:05 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Rep for you Scoper.

My cats kept sleeping on my car in the garage and I had to put the car cover on it. Then the Car cover got full of cat hair and I started putting Aluminum foil on the rear where it was warm. That kept them off but only after they ruined the car cover. It annoyed the hell out of me!.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:53 PM
last911 has a spectacular aura aboutlast911 has a spectacular aura about
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
That's what bridges over rivers are made for.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Shocking that the cat did so much damage. I like the little critters but I could not stand for cats sleeping on any of my rides. Look on the bright side...at least your car is super shinny now.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
alexstjo is infamous around these parts
try moth ***** around the car.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:08 PM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
predatorpee.com

Whatever the pest, they sell the predator's urine. The natural effective deterrent. Here's one for feral cats...Wolf pee in a spray bottle. Spray a few spots around the car...no more cat.
http://www.predatorpee.com/Merchant2...tegory_Code=WU

J

Old 09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
never had a cat on my car. glad the scratches came off though. if you have a garage, i would get it inside.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 AM
PKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura about
----

Last edited by PKing Fast; 10-09-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lonewolfdj
Hi guys,

I was coming up to the house yesterday after working 12 hours for the second day in a row and go out to the garage to find one of the outside cats on the roof of my car (around 9pm I find it).

I picked it up off the roof and gave it a toss and then started looking the car over to find where it climbed up. It hopped from the front left side just to the right of the headlight and landed on the hood - walked up the hood scratching everywhere and then it climbed onto the roof.

I seriously almost shot the cat I was so angry.

I spent about 4 hours washing, claying, polishing, and waxing the car to minimize the damage.

I ended up polishing and waxing the hood 3 times and removed nearly all the scratches. Then I couldn't let the rest of the car sit dirty so I clayed, polished, and waxed the rest of the car. I finished around 1:00 AM.

I just wanted to vent and share the story of my rough day.

I didn't take photos b/c my DSLR wasn't handy and my iPhone wasn't able to capture the scratches due to the lighting.

If you are really upset ... get a car cover .
BUT ... do NOT take out your anger on a 10 pound creature who has no idea . It may even be someone's pet .

That feral has chosen your area for a variety of reasons (food source , comfort, safety). That means that even if that cat were adopted another feral cat would choose the exact same place and you woild still have the same problem.

The car can be fixed .

Last edited by yrralis1; 09-09-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scoper

The ultrasonic cat deterrents aren't always effective - depends on the cat. They gave me a headache everytime I walked past too.
They actually cause ear damage . In my opinion they shoild be banned.

if a child chasing a ball sounded the device and got hurt .. his parents would say a lot more than "meow" .

Old 09-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Update.... The car was in the garage. A family member let the cat in because we are in the country and coyotes have been killing the outdoor cats. It is one of our outdoor cats (kind of a stray turned into an outdoor pet I guess).

I think the cat has jinxed my car now..... After all this I drove the car 100 miles up to the city last night and spent the night. Jumped into the car this morning and everything is good.

Went to McDonalds 1 mile away from where I was parked and walk in to pick up a drink. Come out and start the car and I get no audio on the PCM.

The screen works, displays radio stations but no audio. I try switching to my iPod and it hangs for about a minute and then accesses it but doesn't display any tracks.

I switch back to FM and it hangs a bit then goes back to FM and displays the stations and soundtrack text from the station but no audio.

The Bluetooth does work and I get audio from it. I tried shutting down and restarting the car multiple times. No go. The car is an 09 CS2 with about 16k miles.

I called a local dealer and I'll take it in for service (hopefully covered under warranty). This has never happened before and the dealer's service manager hasn't seen it. He said it might just start working later so I'll check it and see.

It has definitely been a frustrating week.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:07 PM
One more update, just checked the car and the stereo works fine.... Very weird.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cat on roof of Cabriolet - scratches on hood