997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

For those Ruby Red owners.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Acmw is infamous around these parts
For those Ruby Red owners.

I have a question , i have a white carrera and am thinking about getting it painted very soon and the color of choice is ruby red so far. I am wondering though i know porsche makes several reds such as guards red, carmona red, and ruby red. Even though carmona and ruby red look more like a burgandy on the vehicle registaration would it say red or burgandy?! Thanks guys!

Old 09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Rotor is infamous around these parts
Mine says red.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks man !

Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know anything about the condition of your Carrera, but painting a car a different color typically really damages the resale value of your car. White is a very popular color, why not sell what you have and buy the color you want? Other than the terrible sales tax and licensing fees, you may come out money ahead.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Post some pictures!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Comet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to allComet is a name known to all
instead of repainting the car
have you considered wrapping it?
much cheaper, and doesn't hurt resale!

Old 09-12-2011, 05:59 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Mine says red as well

Old 09-12-2011, 06:12 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
I don't know anything about the condition of your Carrera, but painting a car a different color typically really damages the resale value of your car. White is a very popular color, why not sell what you have and buy the color you want? Other than the terrible sales tax and licensing fees, you may come out money ahead.

+1 on this. Keep the car original. Hard to believe that a 997 would need a full repaint at this point unless something out of the ordinary happened.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Its a rebuilt salvage title, the paint is not perfect car was originally black

Old 09-12-2011, 10:59 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by Acmw
Its a rebuilt salvage title, the paint is not perfect car was originally black
That changes things a bit. Sounds like you got a project with this one. It does give you license to do what you want with the car. Ruby Red sounds great!

Good luck with it.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by ScooterP
That changes things a bit. Sounds like you got a project with this one. It does give you license to do what you want with the car. Ruby Red sounds great!

Good luck with it.

I agree! And that sounds like fun! Mat black is a popular custom color these days... But not my cup of tea.

I really love my guards man red. It is really deep and full of luster. I might do something wild like a vintage Porsche mustard yellow. I have always liked the look of that color on older 911's. Don't know if it would work on a 997.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:26 PM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Can you explain what you mean by wrapping the car?

Originally Posted by Comet
instead of repainting the car
have you considered wrapping it?
much cheaper, and doesn't hurt resale!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM
I know it sounds like a crazy color, but it actually looks pretty cool. Go to the Porsche website and check out the colors they offer and look at the "Lime Gold". I'm not pulling your chain it looks sort of cool.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Also . on the registration do they specify coupe or cab

Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
Can you explain what you mean by wrapping the car?
wrapping with a plastic clear bra. Protects against rock chips...etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For those Ruby Red owners.