997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

sport exhaust leads to police complaint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
I've never heard any functioning car exhaust that was louder than any Harley ( or any other mid to large engined motorcycle for that matter) on the road.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
just out of curiousity, why do you heel/toe at a stop sign?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 AM
markiii is infamous around these parts
I always do

Rev matching is a driving skill to master like any other

Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
sid_vicious is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mother
Sorry we still hang from nearest tree or drag from back of truck in AZ
This is supposed to be funny?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Rxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sid_vicious
This is supposed to be funny?

Don't take offense in it...I think the boys are just having some fun I just have to make sure that I stay away from Texas and Arizona

Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM
TT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really niceTT2911 is just really nice
[quote=Comet;3313981]either way, a pedestrian reporting you as "speeding", it becomes your word against his unless he has evidence (which chances are, he doesn't). Cops will never take it seriously.quote]

I can't comment on the way it is in Canada, but in the US your comment is incorrect. As a LEO I can tell you how it works with my department: A citizen calls in with a driving complaint (someone cut me off, this guy was speeding, etc). Dispatch asks them if they are willing to file a formal complaint, and explains that this will require them to go to court and testify against you. If they say "yes" an officer is sent to meet with them. When the officer arrives the citizen must be able to do 2 things:ID the vehicle (color, plate number, etc) and be able to ID the driver to the extent they could pick you out of a line up. If they can, and if they still want to file a complaint, we take a written statement from them describing the facts around the complaint. We then find the driver (if possible) based on the registration info and issue them a summons to appear in court. It is essentially a citizen arrest and both parties have to show up in court and testify, the judge makes a decision and the accussed is either found guilty and fined or found not guilty.

We get probably 50 of these type complaints a month. The vast majority of time the citizen does not want to pursue it once they learn they have to go to court and face the accused, or they can ID the car but not the driver. However, I have seen 3 of these go full course and end up in court. In 2 cases the accused was found guilty and fined. The 3rd one got off on a technicality or he would have lost too.

So be advised, if you do offend someone with your driving, and if they want to pursue it (especially if it's a neighborhood thing and they get multiple witnesses) you can still get nailed.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:53 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
[quote=TT2911;3314275]
Originally Posted by Comet
either way, a pedestrian reporting you as "speeding", it becomes your word against his unless he has evidence (which chances are, he doesn't). Cops will never take it seriously.quote]

I can't comment on the way it is in Canada, but in the US your comment is incorrect. As a LEO I can tell you how it works with my department: A citizen calls in with a driving complaint (someone cut me off, this guy was speeding, etc). Dispatch asks them if they are willing to file a formal complaint, and explains that this will require them to go to court and testify against you. If they say "yes" an officer is sent to meet with them. When the officer arrives the citizen must be able to do 2 things:ID the vehicle (color, plate number, etc) and be able to ID the driver to the extent they could pick you out of a line up. If they can, and if they still want to file a complaint, we take a written statement from them describing the facts around the complaint. We then find the driver (if possible) based on the registration info and issue them a summons to appear in court. It is essentially a citizen arrest and both parties have to show up in court and testify, the judge makes a decision and the accussed is either found guilty and fined or found not guilty.

We get probably 50 of these type complaints a month. The vast majority of time the citizen does not want to pursue it once they learn they have to go to court and face the accused, or they can ID the car but not the driver. However, I have seen 3 of these go full course and end up in court. In 2 cases the accused was found guilty and fined. The 3rd one got off on a technicality or he would have lost too.

So be advised, if you do offend someone with your driving, and if they want to pursue it (especially if it's a neighborhood thing and they get multiple witnesses) you can still get nailed.
What happens in Colorado when someone reports aggressive driving by using the *CSP that you see on the highway signs? It would seem that a violation such as that would be difficult to prove.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:33 PM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by markiii
I always do

Rev matching is a driving skill to master like any other

ah, just to practice (as opposed to out of necessity on the track, etc). ok, i can see that.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:00 PM
PKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura aboutPKing Fast has a spectacular aura about
----

Last edited by PKing Fast; 10-09-2020 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PKing Fast
And if it were a mexican in a 64 Impala revving his engine while bumping la cucaracha through your neighborhood, don't you think he will get complaints? Both this and the downshifting bring attract the same amount of attention, why does the 911 driver think he has the right to disturb the peace?
If you are revving your engines within the allotted dB limit enumerated in the laws, then it's all good. If your car is making more noise then what is legally allowed, then it is your fault. But so long as you follow the laws, then I don't see why it would be anyone's business to tell you how to drive.

Question. Would those desperate housewives have the same reaction if Thugnificient rolled into town with gold rims bumping gangsta rap? My guess is no. So why should these moms tell a guy in a 911 how to drive but not Thugnificient? Cause he's ganstalicious. My point: These moms should treat everyone the same and tell everyone to slow down, or they should just mind their own business instead of selectively wagging their fingers at certain people. Is that not fair?

Last edited by Inglorious; 09-14-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:02 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious
If you are revving your engines within the allotted dB limit enumerated in the laws, then it's all good. If your car is making more noise then what is legally allowed, then it is your fault. But so long as you follow the laws, then I don't see why it would be anyone's business to tell you how to drive.

Question. Would those desperate housewives have the same reaction if Thugnificient rolled into town with gold rims bumping gangsta rap? My guess is no. So why would should these moms tell a guy in a 911 how to drive but not Thugnificient? Cause he's ganstalicious. My point: These moms should treat everyone the same, or just shut up. Is that not fair?

The choice of wording is ...

Old 09-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

The choice of wording is ...
Thanks Jasper. Glad I could make you laugh.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
[quote=TT2911;3314275]
Originally Posted by Comet
either way, a pedestrian reporting you as "speeding", it becomes your word against his unless he has evidence (which chances are, he doesn't). Cops will never take it seriously.quote]

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many the three that went full course had an attorney. "Citizen's Arrest" or "Grand Jury Indictment" there remain burdens of proof that must be met and procedures that must be followed so there must have been more to the stories than a "He said - She said" complaint.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:18 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Busybodies are a pet peeve of mine too. There is a woman here who recently moved into the neighborhood and brake checked me and started yelling at me for going 20 on our street (speed limit 15, it was about midnight).

I told her that on this street, we have stuck with each other through hurricanes, lost pets, lockouts, floods, and break ins...and that the last thing we need is for some ****ing busybody to move in here and start telling us how to live our lives. Oh, and that she should kindly **** off.

It was a bit harsh, but as I mentioned, this is my pet peeve and I had just come home on a transcontinental flight and it was midnight

Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil panda
Busybodies are a pet peeve of mine too. There is a woman here who recently moved into the neighborhood and brake checked me and started yelling at me for going 20 on our street (speed limit 15, it was about midnight).

I told her that on this street, we have stuck with each other through hurricanes, lost pets, lockouts, floods, and break ins...and that the last thing we need is for some ****ing busybody to move in here and start telling us how to live our lives. Oh, and that she should kindly **** off.

It was a bit harsh, but as I mentioned, this is my pet peeve and I had just come home on a transcontinental flight and it was midnight
LOLZ, that's a bit of a harsh welcome for a new neighbor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sport exhaust leads to police complaint