997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Do you ever get anxious at the thought of driving your car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I feel the same since it's not a daily driver. I have 3 small children so the Porsche isn't an option. I find myself wanting to drive it all the time. The exhaust note and turbo is intoxicating. I want to take it out right now.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Excited is probably the word I'd use. And yes...particularly before an extended drive. Frankly, if I'm working from home and have no reason to leave the house, I'll gin up an otherwise unnecessary errand just to go for a 15 minute drive. Pretty great to have something I enjoy each and every time I use it.
Agreed, excited > eager > anxious.

I can do my commute in less than 10 minutes, but often stretch that to 30 minutes or more just to drive it more. I figure the extra cost is a sound investment relative to the enjoyment I derive. Much better return on investment than many other things.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by 997BLIS
I too share everyone’s sentiment here. My car is everything my wife isn’t: fast, responsive, and does what I tell her. J I sometimes also make up reasons to take an extra drive now and again.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
bwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to allbwiele is a name known to all
I have had a PTT for about a month which is my DD - I drive into NYC every day. Sometimes I question why drive such a nice car into the city, but WTH, why not! I definitely still get excited to drive it every morning and evening...

Old 09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
sphinz is infamous around these partssphinz is infamous around these parts
ahh...satisfaction

Last edited by sphinz; 09-15-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:41 PM
JTfromCali is infamous around these parts
I love my car... I think I will go out and drive it now!

Old 09-15-2011, 07:14 PM
mathfuzzy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bwiele
I have had a PTT for about a month which is my DD - I drive into NYC every day. Sometimes I question why drive such a nice car into the city, but WTH, why not! I definitely still get excited to drive it every morning and evening...
Exactly - why not!

When I lived in Westchester, I had my 996 C4S and drove it all of a mile and a half to the Dobbs Ferry Metro North station where it sat all day until I drove it home at night. I sometimes thought it was crazy...maybe it was. Still, I enjoyed the two short drives. And when I was traveling in and out of the White Plains airport, the best part was getting back and driving the Porsche home.

IMO, somthing that brings you pleasure every day, or every time you use it, is worth a great deal.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I just went to my garage and gave my babies a big hug and a kiss. I guess I'm next in line to enter a rehab program for P-car deaddiction.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Jungwook is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sphinz
ahh...satisfaction

Looks like a nice panerai watch ... Which model is it?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jungwook
Looks like a nice panerai watch ... Which model is it?
Good eye - Luminor Chrono Daylight PAM 188 White Dial

Old 09-16-2011, 01:04 PM
surfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond reputesurfah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sphinz
ahh...satisfaction

Nice I wish I didn't have thin, girly wrists, would love to rock a PAM but even the 40 mm dials look too big on my wrists That and having to pull exam gloves over the watch 50 times a day makes thinner, smaller watches a premium.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 PM
NYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really niceNYC_Z06 is just really nice
I used to dread driving my Z06 between boroughs. Love the car - just the ridiculous traffic, heavy clutch, and yeah, idiotic NYC drivers, took all the fun out of it. The 997 was much more civilized and the Tiptronic eased the stress.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
I used to dread driving my Z06 between boroughs. Love the car - just the ridiculous traffic, heavy clutch, and yeah, idiotic NYC drivers, took all the fun out of it. The 997 was much more civilized and the Tiptronic eased the stress.
I am with you on the tiptronic. You see an open road in that picture because I was stuck in traffic in the morning, so decided to take it out for a spirited drive mid-day! Even with tip, I always find myself in manual/sport mode though

Old 09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
thefr7 has a spectacular aura aboutthefr7 has a spectacular aura about
Get excited every time I drive it, even though it's a daily driver. We go for random drives all the time! (Luckily for me, both of us are into cars)

Just got back to it yesterday after a 3 MONTH break and... it's been raining ever since, supposed to rain through Monday... so I can't drive it. I mean REALLY?!?! lol

Last edited by thefr7; 09-16-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I too share everyone’s sentiment here. My car is everything my wife isn’t: fast, responsive, and does what I tell her. J I sometimes also make up reasons to take an extra drive now and again
I like this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you ever get anxious at the thought of driving your car?