997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Window Squeaking While Rolling Down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:17 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Window Squeaking While Rolling Down

Every time I roll down my driver's side window, it makes an awful squeaking sound, like the glass is rubbing against something. No visible marks.

Anyone had this and is there an inexpensive way to solve it? Thanks.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:58 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I had tint done on a car a few years back... When the installer put the tint in, he pushed down on the rubber that guides the window - so it was buckled down the opposite way...

I just used a popsicle stick (and chapstick) to work it right side up. I don't know if this is your issue, but it solved mine... It sounded like the window was surely getting scratched - but it didn't.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
JT997 is infamous around these parts
I, too, have experienced this. The squeaking seems to come and go depending on the cleanliness of the car. I asked the same question a while back, and a common answer was that grime, pollen, whatever was getting in between the rubber and glass making it dirty and causing it to rub and squeak. Cleaning the area seems to do the trick for me, but as soon as it starts to get a little dirty, the squeak comes back.

Hopefully, between these 2 examples, you will be able to diagnose and solve the problem.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:37 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, it seems to be worse when the window is thoroughly cleaned, so I'm guessing it might have something to do with the contact between the interior rubber piece and the glass. I'm going to have to take a close look in there and poke around a bit.

Again, thanks.