997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Side Mirrors Contrasting Colors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:35 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
Side Mirrors Contrasting Colors

So what do people think of having the side mirrors painted a different color? I have a basalt black cabrio and wonder if silver mirrors would be nice touch or would it be too poser RS4 wannabe?

I have the silver bottom on the side mirrors but was thinking of going full silver.

I know the GT3RS has contrasting grey and red and it looks pretty good to be honest.

What do you guys think?

Any pictures would be helpful.

Cheers.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by aproo
So what do people think of having the side mirrors painted a different color? I have a basalt black cabrio and wonder if silver mirrors would be nice touch or would it be too poser RS4 wannabe?

I have the silver bottom on the side mirrors but was thinking of going full silver.

I know the GT3RS has contrasting grey and red and it looks pretty good to be honest.

What do you guys think?

Any pictures would be helpful.

Cheers.
Stick with the silver bottom only. Full silver will be weird IMO and yea it's like Audi wannabe

Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
A friend has a metallic blue Z4 and the side mirrors are silver. I think it looks sharp. Not sure about anything contrasting with black though

Old 09-14-2011, 08:48 PM
aproo is infamous around these partsaproo is infamous around these parts
I seen photos of a Blue Cayman R with full silver mirrors and it looks sharp as well.

I somewhat agree Vraxinus that Black with full silver might get comments that look like Audi and i don't want to go down that road. However, I cannot seem to find photos of how the black on silver contrast looks though.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
There is a black Z4 with silver top and silver mirrors. Looks okay, but not spectacular. Without the matching top, hard to imagine it being what you want. Looks great in red and blue.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
I was thinking of red mirror inserts for my black car. I have a bit of a red theme going already with calipers, seat belts, wheel stripes. It's a bit over the top, so it probably won't happen...

Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack667
I was thinking of red mirror inserts for my black car. I have a bit of a red theme going already with calipers, seat belts, wheel stripes. It's a bit over the top, so it probably won't happen...
Wounder if you could get 'em warped to see if you like the look. I have no clue if the wrap guys can get red wrap but given some of the other stuff they do it doesn't seem all that far fetched. Might be interesting and good deal less trouble and expense than getting red mirrors or having your black mirrors painted just to find out you don't like the look.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:28 AM
Jack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant futureJack667 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dadio
Wounder if you could get 'em warped to see if you like the look. I have no clue if the wrap guys can get red wrap but given some of the other stuff they do it doesn't seem all that far fetched. Might be interesting and good deal less trouble and expense than getting red mirrors or having your black mirrors painted just to find out you don't like the look.
That's a great idea!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jack667
Look up Jay Jones, he has the red mirrors with a black car. I think he has the red side blades as well a la GT3RS.

Black with silver

Here is another one

I think black/silver is subtle, can barely tell. black/red makes a statement, obviously not for everyone. I had considered it but decided to stay mostly black.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Personally, I'm not a fan.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:06 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I like it...adds just enough of a contrast. And don't worry about the Audi poser deal as who would willingly make their 911 look like an S4 anyway?

Old 09-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
You know what, I think it would look really sharp if the body was carrera white and the mirrors are black, gray, or etc. That would look nice. That would look really nice actually.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
anyone suggest which color looks good for mirrors if the car is in silver.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:19 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
anyone suggest which color looks good for mirrors if the car is in silver.
I say black or carbon mirrors not the sticker either lol

Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Type, "silver car x colored mirrors" in your search engine, and click view images, and you can see what you like. +1 for carbon fiber, but blue, red and white look good, depending upon your style.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Side Mirrors Contrasting Colors