997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CARGRAPHIC vs FVD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:56 AM
911 S is infamous around these parts
CARGRAPHIC vs FVD

I am about to order a set of mufflers for my 209 C2S PDK.. I already have the sharkwerks bypass.. I want to mate it with either the CARGRAPHIC (SUPER SOUND VERSION) or FVD mufflers..which one is louder? i know both have a great finish and both companies are very reputable..

Old 09-17-2011, 03:03 AM
vraxinus is infamous around these partsvraxinus is infamous around these parts
i heard TUBI with the sharkwerk bypass is the best setup..I also have the sharkwerks bypass now and TUBI would be my next mod.

Just to let you know, if you like deep sound go with FVD but if you like high pitch exhaust go with TUBI or cargraphic.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:22 AM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
FVD , Cargraphic and Tubi are all good no doubt. However, the only one i heard in reality is the Tubi. Trust me, go for the Tubi you wont regret it one bit! The sound is simply intoxicating.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:59 AM
911 S is infamous around these parts
Im really having a hard time deciding cuz the videos dont help at all (because of the sound quality).. I heard that the TUBI is nice bcuz its raspy and backfire sound while shifting (which is very cool).. The CARGRAPHIC is louder than TUBI.. and the FVD growl is just fantastic..

Lets make it easier, which muffler would give me the closest sound to a GT3 with sharkwerks bypass?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:49 AM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
Well, replicating a GT3 sound is not really feasible in a DFI 911(imho), totally different engine. Ive heard dozens of video clips of the tubi exhaust. But when i heard it in reality i was blown away ! It IS loud, but no drone at all while cruising. Once you step on on the gas, it just screams.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
I love my cargraphic! Nice staccato burble everytime you shift up/down or rev it. Depending on your budget, Akrapovic is also nice.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
You have an 09 DFI so it will be a bit different than the 997.1. The FVD is well made as are the others. FVD uses 316SS while I believe the others use 304SS. All three systems will probably outlast your ownership.

On the sound side the FVD has a great growl on startup that quietens a bit as the car comes up to temperature. No drone at cruising speeds and when you get into it the sound is great. Downshifting with PDK you get a little burble and pop with each gear.

FVD has a new system with long tube headers and 200 cell sport cats designed to mate to either the Porsche sport exhaust, I'm leaning toward this one, or standard for a bit less growl. If you want it louder you could mate it to a set of Tubis.

I've had great service from Rhonda at FVD as most others on here. Take your time and try to hear some of these systems in person. Call the suppliers and discuss your priorities with them. Most are up front and will not want to sell you a system they feel you may not like.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
Can't go wrong with Cargraphic or FVD but the tubi I have on my car is just perfect. It has a subtle rumble at idle. It has a deep growl from 2000-4000 and sounds cup car-ish as you approach the higher limits....just perfect. Not too loud through the neighborhood or cruising on the freeway but plenty loud when I need it. The plenum really added to the low end rumble and I couldn't be happier. Give it a listen before you buy.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
I still say cargraphic. FYI, I'm going to try a set of Fister mufflers to ensure there's nothing out there I like better than the Cargraphic. Sound is subjective...

Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Majac4122
Can't go wrong with Cargraphic or FVD but the tubi I have on my car is just perfect. It has a subtle rumble at idle. It has a deep growl from 2000-4000 and sounds cup car-ish as you approach the higher limits....just perfect. Not too loud through the neighborhood or cruising on the freeway but plenty loud when I need it. The plenum really added to the low end rumble and I couldn't be happier. Give it a listen before you buy.
You need to add the Fabspeed CAI then a tune and you'll be happier J.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JmanE55
You need to add the Fabspeed CAI then a tune and you'll be happier J.

J, I got the tune but everyone I talk to tells me the CAI is not effective. It does look good though. Are you still picking up the CLS63?

Old 09-20-2011, 04:29 AM
I took some recordings of my car this weekend and they turned out decent. I'll try to post them when I get home.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 AM
charles06 is infamous around these parts
Although not a 911, I have a Cargraphic system on my 2006 Cayman S. I chose to order through Sharkwerks, figuring I'd order a top-shelf exhaust through a top-shelf company. Glad I did!

The first exhaust I got had a small problem that reared its ugly head a couple years after install. The tips began to "sag" down and melted part of my bumper, and they couldn't be aligned correctly so it kept happening. After sending some pictures to Sharkwerks, I got a phone call from them saying that Cargraphic was going to be sending me a brand new, updated version of this exhaust...even got to choose black tips (not an option the first time around). They covered shipping and offered to pay for any work I had done trying to fix the first exhaust and for the new exhaust to be installed.

To make a long story short, I chose these companies just for such a reason. Exeptional customer service from both companies. Yes, the exhaust is a bit pricier than others, but there's a reason.

Just wanted to share my experience. I also hear VERY good things about FVD as well.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:06 AM
gadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to beholdgadgetman is a splendid one to behold
X51 headers, stock muffler, and FVD 200 cell Sport Cats

I'm using the X51 headers, stock mufflers, and FVD 200 cell Sport Cats.

http://www.youtube.com/user/df2gadge...18/r-puHFmDziU
Cold Start Up.

http://www.youtube.com/user/df2gadge...17/MpPePPrOUWs

http://www.youtube.com/user/df2gadge...15/CvDthOfbtWA

http://www.youtube.com/user/df2gadge...13/4kUsCo-5QWI
Interior audio.

http://www.youtube.com/user/df2gadge...12/SE1yiststvU
Another interior audio.

All the best,
Darren

Old 10-04-2011, 11:48 AM