997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Yum, love the color. The rasp reminds of my e46 m3. Sounds mean in sport mode.
It really is a striking color! It's giving me expensive ideas

Originally Posted by dallascajun
Ugh...damn...that's the only GTS I've seen that makes me a little jealous over my Plat Silver one. Great car and great sound! Loving my Bypass as well!
Heh it just puts a smile on your face when you see it Sort of like this car does:

Originally Posted by kitw
I like the blue a LOT better on the 911s than I did on the E46 M3!
Roger that!

Originally Posted by tommyv
Maybe I'm just an old guy....but that exhaust is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud for me!
Actually it's pretty similar to stock with the valves closed It's not loud inside either with the valves open but you'd need to hear it

Originally Posted by dallascajun
You have to hear it up close, preferably from the drivers seat with windows and sunroof open. Not too loud...just 'angry'
Roger that!

Originally Posted by mdrums
Not in person is it too loud. Especially on a GTS that comes with PSE in the off mode it's almost stock sounding just a little deeper. It the open mode there is zero drone cruising around and it's just a little more more sounding at full throttle above 4000rpm's.

I say the Sharkwerk's rear bypass is a MUST HAVE for any 2009-2012 997.
Thanks mdrums and glad you like it too Those GTS' are seriously like a "facelift" improvement over the 997S that I owned. They're that good...

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
I think that Alex should re-name it the 997.2 Goldilocks X-Bypass. With PSE off it's not too quiet and with PSE on it's not obnoxiously loud. Overall, it's just right. Also, you never hear anyone saying that they wish they hadn't gotten the Bypass. If you've never heard it in person it is a leap of faith - but well worth it. On the GTS (the only thing I have experience with), good product, great sound w/o replacing the entire exhaust. Kudos to Sharkwerks.

(Mdrums, my wife told me she hated the black wheels when I ordered the car but never said anything - now she tells me, considering the color of the car, that they actually a nice compliment. I'm ambivalent about the CL's b/c I don't change wheels for track days - plus they're a tad easier to clean.)
Hehe so glad you like it! Your wheels look great like that and indeed it's a hassle removing them but as long as you have a second person you can do it

Originally Posted by tcouture
+1 on the bypass being one of the best mods under for under 1K.

Great color on the car. I'll definitively add this on my list of possible choices for my next car. But I have to say, that list of nice Porsche blues just keep getting longer (Mexico, Riviera, Turquoise, etc.)... This PTS thing is not making things easier...

Well done,

T.
Thanks T.! It's built by a Canadian (James!) for Canadians:P

Old 09-27-2011, 01:15 PM
MileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the roughMileHigh911 is a jewel in the rough
Sharky,
What aero was put on this car?? Front lip and wing?? Does it fit an S? How much are the pieces?? THX
Jason

Old 09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Sharky,
What aero was put on this car?? Front lip and wing?? Does it fit an S? How much are the pieces?? THX
Jason
Hi Jason, are you referring to the Mexico blue GT3 or...? If it's that one then it's stock in terms of aero. Those pieces would fit an S too