997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
autopc is infamous around these parts
2 acts might mean someone is targeting your car. A student? I would consider parking somewhere else or driving a beater. Dental floss the "S" off and apply a new one. You have been lucky so far. It could have been a lot worst.

Years ago a friend of mine parked his 1 month new F430 in a legal parking spot for 5 min. This was in a affluent high traffic location. It took less then 5 minutes in and out of the store. There was a scratch that was down to bare metal from bumper to bumper when he returned.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 PM
jedwards is infamous around these parts
What happened is just wrong...but it is water under the bridge. Life is way too short to worry about things such as this. Learn from the experience. Park more strategically. Get a more inexpensive DD, file a complaint/report with security. The point is be proactive rather than reactive. How about an EMF for your p-car?

Old 09-26-2011, 10:19 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to hear that. Eventually you'll park in a dedicated drs. lot and those events may be less frequent. You'll want to have or maybe you do a SUV for going to concerts, sporting events, etc. Consider debadging the car also.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Rxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the roughRxxxdruggist is a jewel in the rough
Wow that totally sucks!!! How that douch gets caught.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 AM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by adias
Interestingly, someone gave me negative points posting this anonymous (coward) comment - "Nice going - taking what could be a random act of a ******bag and trying to politicize it. Typical." As if we live in a bubble outside the political world...

Attention Moderators: Negative/positive points on this forum should be public.

I gave you a point to sort of balance things out and to right that, for a lack of a better word, injustice. People really need to relax.

Last edited by Inglorious; 09-27-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Interestingly, someone gave me negative points posting this anonymous (coward) comment - "Nice going - taking what could be a random act of a ******bag and trying to politicize it. Typical." As if we live in a bubble outside the political world...

seriously.......someone negative repd u on this post?

unreal..........................

Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
^^^^^

I just hit u a$$ up....took u from 138 to 141......LOL
Jim

Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
you were in the staff garage at a university campus... are you staff or a student? my first instinct is that if you are a student and parked in the staff garage you would easily come off as an entitled jerk kid. if you are staff... well, it's hard to imagine any staff member at a university driving a porsche. unless you're pete carroll or one of the ivy league presidents. i went to columbia and our president, lee bollinger, had an Audi A8L with a full time driver. but he also makes $4.5 million a year. even professors make like... barely anything. but i digress, my point is... someone probably thought you were a spoiled student parking in a staff garage.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:10 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !

This is an open forum with lots of opinions...who cares if negative/postive points are given - it's not a contest.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
I'm thankful that my 911 spends 98% of its life on a military facility.

During the 2% that it isn't, I'm always concerned, at least in the back of my mind.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Who did it and why is speculation at this point. Lots of possible motives have already been given. If I was in your shoes, I'd focus on preventing it from happening again, and the surveillance camera seems like a good idea.

My first car (Saab) was broken into for theft once, and then later the same car was stolen and never recovered. Other than that, I've never experienced vandalism with any of my cars (MBs and BMWs) in over 20 years, but I just got my 911 a couple of months ago, so the prospect that there's an anti-Porsche thing out there is more than a little troubling.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:00 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AP 997S
Washington state university campuses must be extremely 'liberal' and therefore suffer from the 'envy syndrome'.
it is worse than 'envy'. most universities are breeding grounds of ultra leftist movements and vandalizing other peoples property fits fine that ultra left mentality.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by utkinpol
it is worse than 'envy'. most universities are breeding grounds of ultra leftist movements and vandalizing other peoples property fits fine that ultra left mentality.
You beat me to the punch. I was about to make that same observation.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:17 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
There is no excuse for that kind of jealous behavior. Many young people don't have a clue as to what kind of hard work, sacrifice and discipline it takes to afford the rewards of our life-long labor. Also, we become emotionally invested in our hobby. It is more than just our car to most of us. That said, I would consider taking steps to catch the *******, if you have the time and energy.

You did get off easy so far. Are there any commonalities to the two events? Time of day, day of the week, special event going on nearby, a particular class, or sport? Just some investigative food for thought.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 09-27-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
That said, I would consider taking steps to catch the *******, if you have the time and energy.
it is totally pointless. whatever punk did that he knows he is perfectly safe and escalation of situation will only provide a gratification for his efforts.
only solution is to avoid places where punks are in big numbers and can do any damage. if there is no monitored parking in that campus - buy a used prius, color it green and drive it there so you would blend in with morons who think that production of li-ion batteries makes this world cleaner.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!