997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Sorry but I am more active and less passive. I disagree with your "only solution." There is a multitude of options. Hiding is only one of them.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Nice wide variety of opinions here...

Entertaining.

My opinion is - don't cover the car - that invites even more attention. Idiot thinks "Man, this person thinks his car is special - let's go do something to show him he's just like everybody else!"

utkinpol is right - there is a deeper rooted issue surrounding most universities.

shtfrbrains - I disagree that a 911 is not a symbol of anything. I mean, my daughter (who was making $10/hr) was able to finance a $19k 996 C2. Luckily I talked her out of it, but it was possible. She hasn't worked more than 12 months in her life (at just over minimum wage).

So a kid out of high school and no job can purchase a Porsche 911 now. And now these kids are in college, and perhaps wanted the S to put on their own base model C2.

There are a thousand different things that could have happened, and a thousand different reasons for each of them.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor
Numeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond reputeNumeric Racing has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you are being targeted by someone. Most people are jealous and show no respect for ones property. Luckily I have never been vandalized by anyone. An ex girlfriend r wife would be my guess if anything

Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Sorry but I am more active and less passive. I disagree with your "only solution." There is a multitude of options. Hiding is only one of them.
all i say - choose your fights wisely. i am not a tame person and i can beat most of guys in my weight category into bloody pulp as i know how to do it thanks to my past boxing hobby but to do it over a piece of metal? no way, as in the end you will be the one who will be dragged into police and investigated and punished. other than fistfight you can do nothing with vandals these days, cops will just laught at you as they have same level of respect for your property as those vandals.

modern society model nurtures poor majority. hard working middle class people earning enough to afford a 997 car are in absolute minority now and your interests and problems do not worry nobody. super rich have other ways to separate themselves from all this crap but as most of us do not have enough money yet to 'gate' ourselves from lumpens - we should find some other ways. and when you are on your own - you know, a smart man finds a solution for every problem, but a wise man finds a way to avoid a problem. so be wise, it works out better usually.

PS. respect to private property was a unique quality of American culture that was created by some extended period of time when punks would be shot dead at a spot after doing their mischief. or hanged on a spot.
that time is long gone and noose has become a 'symbol of hate' instead of what it always was - a symbol of what awaits a thief if he gets cought.
so now it just comes back to what it is all over the world. those who have nothing - have nothing to loose. so they will do whatever they want to do as you can do nothing to prevent them from doing it. as simple as that.

Last edited by utkinpol; 09-27-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Many great perspectives here, which I enjoy reading, and much validity. Some of it is DEAD on. You don't have to beat the guy if you catch him, just catch him. You will make the world slightly better if you do. It is probably not a career criminal hanging out at the colledge campus, but some kid who needs to be set straight.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Nice wide variety of opinions here...

Entertaining.

My opinion is - don't cover the car - that invites even more attention. Idiot thinks "Man, this person thinks his car is special - let's go do something to show him he's just like everybody else!"

utkinpol is right - there is a deeper rooted issue surrounding most universities.

shtfrbrains - I disagree that a 911 is not a symbol of anything. I mean, my daughter (who was making $10/hr) was able to finance a $19k 996 C2. Luckily I talked her out of it, but it was possible. She hasn't worked more than 12 months in her life (at just over minimum wage).

So a kid out of high school and no job can purchase a Porsche 911 now. And now these kids are in college, and perhaps wanted the S to put on their own base model C2.

There are a thousand different things that could have happened, and a thousand different reasons for each of them.
Aren't we talking about a 997 Carrera 4S? That is a car of a successful person.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Aren't we talking about a 997 Carrera 4S? That is a car of a successful person.
Yes..., at least I believe so (in regards to the 997 4S). Perhaps my comments were more generally directed at those who said (in this thread) that ~ people hate on Porsches. I was not trying to cheapen the OP's car.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:13 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
To the OP - very sorry to read this. That kind of pointless vandalism is just stupid.

Jasper - no offense taken by me at least - In Seattle - Porsches are everywhere. They really don't stand out.

It takes an R8 or 430/458/Lamborghini or even GT-R to break necks up here.

Inglorious - you have a good point re: the video cameras.

Video reveals Seattle attorney 'keying' car
It took only 10 seconds for attorney Ronald Clarke Mattson to circle a "bait car" and scratch the vehicle with his keys, according to a surveillance video released Thursday by the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

By Seattle Times staff

COURTNEY BLETHEN RIFFKIN / THE SEATTLE TIMES

It took only 10 seconds for attorney Ronald Clarke Mattson to circle a "bait car" and scratch the vehicle with his keys, according to a surveillance video released Thursday by the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

Earlier this month, Mattson, a lawyer since 1972, admitted he scratched three vehicles with his keys in the Columbia Center parking garage because he didn't like the way they were parked. He was given a one-year suspended sentence and was ordered to perform 240 hours of community service after pleading guilty to attempted second-degree malicious mischief, a gross misdemeanor.

Last edited by lig; 09-27-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
i used to have a neighbor, who was a cop for 20+ years... his stories of what is going on in his department and how it all works now were very entertaining. he moved to midwest now where life is cheaper... i have no doubt an attorney who keyed a car will be punished with all mighty force of the law. a teenager black gang member who is knowingly seling crack on a corner will never be even approached for this as that means 'unnecessary escalation'.
most people have truly no idea to what degree hypocrisy got escalated and how distorted an official morale and ruleset is nowadays.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by adias
Interestingly, someone gave me negative points posting this anonymous (coward) comment - "Nice going - taking what could be a random act of a ******bag and trying to politicize it. Typical." As if we live in a bubble outside the political world...

Attention Moderators: Negative/positive points on this forum should be public.

Agreed with your original post on this subject and the following one regarding the negative rep points. You should be able to know your accuser...

Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Agreed with your original post on this subject and the following one regarding the negative rep points. You should be able to know your accuser...
I disagree with this...

Some people hide behind the anonymity of the process (easily changed, it's just a check box on other forums to allow this, the moderators or admins have access to the information, they choose to not share it). But a lot of the times (if not all), there is retaliation to the potential accuser.

I have signed every single one of my reps (positive AND negative), so there is no question about where it came from. And EVERY time I gave a neg rep, I was neg repped right back.

And to boot - I was neg repped when someone else signed my name to their reps (but because I sign my name in a certain way, it was easily rectified). And I was also neg repped with a 'ding me, ding you' - when, at that point, I have never issued a neg rep.

Sorry for the off-topic post, just wanted to add that little bit here.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about your car and I know I would be equally PO'd if it were happening to me. But, look at the bright side, as vandalism goes, the 2 instances you site seem pretty tame and might suggest they were done by someone other than a career criminal or a malicious hater. Someone, and I'm leaning toward a faculty member not a student ( as I think the students would be less likely to mess with your car ) is screwing with you because you drive a Porsche and they don't. Hopefully there are cameras on site, or you can park where there are, so you can catch the idiot responsible.
Things get any worse, buy an old Chevy or Honda to drive to work. No one will give it a second thought and you'll get better mileage to boot. I realize that's not why you bought your Porsche but beats having your pride and joy trashed a little at a time.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
I have signed every single one of my reps (positive AND negative), so there is no question about where it came from. And EVERY time I gave a neg rep, I was neg repped right back.
Bravo to you, unfortunately most others who give negative reps don't behave such. In my case there was a post about someone deciding wether to get a new M3 or a lightly used 997S, I gave my opinion and was told to take it to bimmerpost, anonymously. I responded to a post asking just such a question, it wasn't unsolicited. If someone gave me a neg rep with a name attached to it we could have PMd each other and explained ourselves. However, the feature of anonymity seems unfair imho.

Dave

Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
If you guys really want neg reps, try posting polls ...

Old 09-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I am surprised I have a single rep point left after some of the discussions in the political forum!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!