997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dave07997S
Agreed with your original post on this subject and the following one regarding the negative rep points. You should be able to know your accuser...

Dave,

Hit him up as i did....LOL

Old 09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
I am surprised I have a single rep point left after some of the discussions in the political forum!
I just started participating in that forum recently (sort of stumbled in to it), and have found people there to actually be pretty cool about rep points. I guess it's understood that some controversial discussion is inevitable there, so neg reps make no sense in that forum.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
LOL that sucks... Can't believe someone on THIS forum would have the little ballz to do this. Nice...

Originally Posted by adias
Interestingly, someone gave me negative points posting this anonymous (coward) comment - "Nice going - taking what could be a random act of a ******bag and trying to politicize it. Typical." As if we live in a bubble outside the political world...

Attention Moderators: Negative/positive points on this forum should be public.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:46 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
you were in the staff garage at a university campus... are you staff or a student? my first instinct is that if you are a student and parked in the staff garage you would easily come off as an entitled jerk kid. if you are staff... well, it's hard to imagine any staff member at a university driving a porsche. unless you're pete carroll or one of the ivy league presidents. i went to columbia and our president, lee bollinger, had an Audi A8L with a full time driver. but he also makes $4.5 million a year. even professors make like... barely anything. but i digress, my point is... someone probably thought you were a spoiled student parking in a staff garage.
That's a lot of (incorrect) assumptions and congratulations to you for going to Columbia.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:51 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Really? I mean... really?

Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci
you were in the staff garage at a university campus... are you staff or a student? my first instinct is that if you are a student and parked in the staff garage you would easily come off as an entitled jerk kid. if you are staff... well, it's hard to imagine any staff member at a university driving a porsche. unless you're pete carroll or one of the ivy league presidents. i went to columbia and our president, lee bollinger, had an Audi A8L with a full time driver. but he also makes $4.5 million a year. even professors make like... barely anything. but i digress, my point is... someone probably thought you were a spoiled student parking in a staff garage.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:53 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
And that is why my C2 is a weekend car! I have a Q5 company car that I don't mind driving....so it goes everywhere. The C2 goes on joy rides!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Manifold
Who did it and why is speculation at this point. Lots of possible motives have already been given. If I was in your shoes, I'd focus on preventing it from happening again, and the surveillance camera seems like a good idea.

My first car (Saab) was broken into for theft once, and then later the same car was stolen and never recovered. Other than that, I've never experienced vandalism with any of my cars (MBs and BMWs) in over 20 years, but I just got my 911 a couple of months ago, so the prospect that there's an anti-Porsche thing out there is more than a little troubling.
No excuses for this behavior this time??? You must be slipping or maybe you're turning over a new leaf

Old 09-27-2011, 06:04 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
to the OP: it sucks that there are idiots in the world that speaks their opinion via vandalism. Hope u catch the bastard.

Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Aren't we talking about a 997 Carrera 4S? That is a car of a successful person.

..don't worry about Jasper.. he doesn't think much of 997 c2

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Substantially better?

Also depends on what model/trim within the product range. This in itself is debatable among enthusiasts with different criteria.

To me - the 911 C2 is junk. The range should start at the GTS, Turbo, then GT3/2 appropriately. So If I were to answer the question - is there something substantially better than a 911 Turbo? I'd say no.

If the question were - is there another car substantially better than a 911 C2? Yes... Goodness, yes.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-911-a-2.html

Old 09-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyv
No excuses for this behavior this time??? You must be slipping or maybe you're turning over a new leaf
Huh?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:59 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I don't know what I find more revolting .. that some idiot threw a cigarette butt on the Op's car and someone else broke off the "S" OR that these simple examples of juvenile vandalism erupts into a political discussion on "class warfare" .

In my opinion there are a lot of people of all socioecomic levels who simply lack "class" .

I'm tired of reading threads where I feel that the guy who posts about beating up the vandal thinks he's any less of a fool !!!

FYI -- Wealthy people can vandalize a car too . and it doesn't have to be a Porsche . PS .. I don't negative rep anyone.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Dave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant futureDave07997S has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I don't know what I find more revolting .. that some idiot threw a cigarette butt on the Op's car and someone else broke off the "S" OR that these simple examples of juvenile vandalism erupts into a political discussion on "class warfare" .

In my opinion there are a lot of people of all socioecomic levels who simply lack "class" .

I'm tired of reading threads where I feel that the guy who posts about beating up the vandal thinks he's any less of a fool !!!

FYI -- Wealthy people can vandalize a car too . and it doesn't have to be a Porsche . PS .. I don't negative rep anyone.
Agreed Larry, they would find themselves in jail...talking from experience here.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
I also don't think that putting a cover on your car is a good idea. IMHO, it flags your car and people see it as an invitation to mess with you car...especially when dealing with college kids.

Here is another suggestion. Park your car in areas where students rarely walk by. For example, don't park your car next to a bus stop, on routes where students often walk by, or places where students often congregate. I am not suggesting that you park in the middle of the boonies or the middle of no where. Just park it in places that is close to your office but rarely visited by kids. Out of sight...out of mind.

And for the record, I don't give negative points either. One word: Karma. What comes around goes around and it will all work itself out in the end. I have figured out exactly who gave me each and every anonymous negative point. I'm not stupid. In most cases (except this case with adias) it is fairly obvious. Most of us have advanced degrees and jobs that require critical thinking and deduction. It's not hard to figure out who did it most of the time and anonymity fades quickly when you add 2 and 2. I know exactly who gave me a negative point. In fact, someone who gave me a negative point posted on this thread. Yes I know it's you. Don't worry. I don't believe in retaliation and would rather take the high road. I think we can disagree and voice our opinions without taking swipes at each other's reputation. That is the most honorable and respectful thing to do.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:18 PM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
This is an open forum with lots of opinions...who cares if negative/postive points are given - it's not a contest.
+1. i just gave a negative point for the pure fact that someone was complaining about being given a negative post. the anonymous negative post was not i, however...

Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
jakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the roughjakesdad is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by K-E-V
Let's hope that's the cause, but the cigarette butt was unforgivable.......
Possibly someone has a beef with you and not the car????

Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
To those who commented on neg points: those are not important. What's to note is the reaction, a reflection of the point I made. And incidentally, WOLFNARDS just posted (#58) that he decided to give me a neg point due to the fact that I made public this issue... And so goes the folly of these forums.

To the OP: do not hide. Work with the parking admin and catc the low-life.

Last edited by adias; 09-27-2011 at 11:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!