997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 11:17 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Lol speaking of points. How come I never got one positive one for turning the entire forum to dectane LED lights? LOL

Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Speed-JHE is a jewel in the roughSpeed-JHE is a jewel in the roughSpeed-JHE is a jewel in the rough
Take a positive view of vandalism

OK so someone envies you and seeing your Porsche really gets under their skin. Think of how it burns them up... And SMILE. Some pathetic no-hoper who can recognise what a great car Porsche make, but hasn't got the motivation or self-belief to go out and earn the money to buy one.

These guys only win if you take it to heart. It's only a car. Metal & glass can be fixed for a pretty small amount. Pay up with pride, you are the winner 'cos you can afford the car you love.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 PM
jedwards is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Speed-JHE
OK so someone envies you and seeing your Porsche really gets under their skin. Think of how it burns them up... And SMILE. Some pathetic no-hoper who can recognise what a great car Porsche make, but hasn't got the motivation or self-belief to go out and earn the money to buy one.

These guys only win if you take it to heart. It's only a car. Metal & glass can be fixed for a pretty small amount. Pay up with pride, you are the winner 'cos you can afford the car you love.

Well stated, I concur!

Old 09-28-2011, 06:19 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Lol speaking of points. How come I never got one positive one for turning the entire forum to dectane LED lights? LOL
Be careful someone may give you neg points for begging.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:52 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
..don't worry about Jasper.. he doesn't think much of 997 c2
Correct. I do not, starting with my own.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:54 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lig

Earlier this month, Mattson, a lawyer since 1972, admitted he scratched three vehicles with his keys in the Columbia Center parking garage because he didn't like the way they were parked. He was given a one-year suspended sentence and was ordered to perform 240 hours of community service after pleading guilty to attempted second-degree malicious mischief, a gross misdemeanor.
Not surprised, we can't all assume it's some low life that has no money. One of the member at e46fanatics, purposely parked his car in front of a video camera. Good thing he did b/c his car got scratched, after he watched the video, found out it was an older lady walking her toy dog. He pressed charges, found out she was really rich, they settle out of court.

As for neg reps, don't really care. Someone neg rep me b/c I said the 'S' model are more desirable in the used market. Comment was 'wrong'. Another one was for saying, silver cars are easier to maintain than black. Comment was '?'. I don't understand what these neg reps, looks like the person with the comment of '?' doesn't either, so I don't really take it to heart.

Last edited by Ynot; 09-29-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
just gave you a rep point for your contributions!

Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 AM
wolfnards has a spectacular aura aboutwolfnards has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by adias
To those who commented on neg points: those are not important. What's to note is the reaction, a reflection of the point I made. And incidentally, WOLFNARDS just posted (#58) that he decided to give me a neg point due to the fact that I made public this issue... And so goes the folly of these forums.
what's the folly, adidas? i disapproved of your post, called myself out and explained the reasoning behind my decision, yet you wrote another post to whine about it. not sure why you make a big deal out of it.

besides, what satisfaction would you get out of making rep point approvals/disapprovals public? relax a bit. not a big deal.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Mkaaes is infamous around these parts
Maybe I don't understand this, what consequences and or effects does a neg point and why should one care?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:12 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !

i hit u up

Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wolfnards
what's the folly, adidas? i disapproved of your post, called myself out and explained the reasoning behind my decision, yet you wrote another post to whine about it. not sure why you make a big deal out of it.

besides, what satisfaction would you get out of making rep point approvals/disapprovals public? relax a bit. not a big deal.
IMO, the rep point system makes sense in theory, but is questionable in practice. It seems to foster a preoccupation with status/popularity, which can hinder free expression of ideas and opinions (trying too hard to please, fearing sanction too much). And without rep points, we would still have moderators around to keep things in line.

I participate in another car forum (MBWorld) which doesn't have rep points, and the atmosphere there seems more relaxed, while still allowing for intense debate. And actually, even in 6speed, in the politics section there's an unwritten rule that you don't give neg reps just because you disagree with someone, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the politics section is less uptight than the 997 section. Anyone in favor of having the same unwritten rule in the 997 section?

Old 09-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mkaaes
Maybe I don't understand this, what consequences and or effects does a neg point and why should one care?
Only thing I can think of is when you are trying to sell something on the forum, no one is going to trust someone with red marks (neg reps) all the way across the computer screen. Everyone is anonymous, I don't really know you and vice versa, We all have to used our best judgement. Green usually means you are popular and well liked so we will assume you are trustworthy.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
Ahhh....you live in Seattle where the majority (Liberal/Progressive's) rule the State. I'm sure the Birkenstock pot head's that messed with your car are hating on you because you're successful. You may want to sell the Porsche and buy a Prius to properly fit in or move to Spokane where you'll be welcomed...unless of course you're a liberal to.

Capitol
Originally Posted by K-E-V
This is getting a little out of control. I have had the car for less than a month and it had been targeted twice already.

First time was about a week and a half ago and it happened at the staff garage of the University campus. I left the sunroof cracked open a sliver when I parked my car. When I returned later that night, I found a cigarette butt on the driver side carpet. I examined the interior carefully and couldn't find any serious damages.

Then, today, I was looking at the engine compartment lid and noticed something odd about the 4S. I looked closer to find that the tail of the S had been snapped off. There was no discernable chips or paint damage at this point, thankfully.

People surely do not have any more respect for personal property any more........

Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LambOfGod
Ahhh....you live in Seattle where the majority (Liberal/Progressive's) rule the State. I'm sure the Birkenstock pot head's that messed with your car are hating on you because you're successful. You may want to sell the Porsche and buy a Prius to properly fit in or move to Spokane where you'll be welcomed...unless of course you're a liberal to.

Capitol
There are lots of homeless people in Seattle too ...

Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
I lived in Spokane, WA for many years and my office was in Seattle so I know what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by Manifold
There are lots of homeless people in Seattle too ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!