997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !Inglorious Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
I brought up money because you made it sound like the BMW guys were not porsche guys. They were below the porsche owner.
I have to side with Manifold on this one. I didn't see this at all in Manifold's post.

And if its not because of the money its the second point I brought up. We are so much smarter buying a porsche. Not matter which one... its a dig on them.

This ownership attitude is one that some Porsche drivers believe is a reason we are target for random acts of vandalism.

Also...I do have an explanation. They have the same passion you have for your car.

Edit...not uptight at all. Just telling it as I see it.
I respectfully disagree (please no neg rep point ). I think they are just out dated stereotypes. I think many of us are aware that Porsche isn't exactly exclusive anymore, especially with the baby boxster and cajun around the corner.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wolfnards
a bit OT, but to address your first paragraph, i think moderators are still around a fair amount of time keeping things in line. If i recall correctly, you started many polls which stirred up some controversy and moderators ended up moving those polls to a separate part of the forum. i was a huge participant in your polls and an advocate of keeping these polls in the relevant forums (i.e. 997) as you would get the right audience.

back on topic: i don't give neg reps just for disagree. I fully disapprove of the post and the reasoning behind it, especially for those that make a deal over something that can be easily brushed off. i certainly don't want to hinder free expression as you said, but i think with that same token, giving a neg rep point is a freedom of expression.
My comments weren't meant to specifically criticize your action, so I made a mistake in quoting your message. Sorry for the confusion.

I also disapproved of that other post openly complaining about the neg rep (though I didn't neg rep it, and generally don't give neg reps). I thought it perfectly illustrated my point about the downside of the rep point system in general, related to preoccupation with rep.

On the polls, yup, that was me. I still disagree with moving the polls, and I think a poll in 997 to ask everyone's opinion about that would best determine where the polls should be, but I recognize that it's not up to me.

Last edited by Manifold; 09-30-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:41 AM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Inglorious
I think they are just out dated stereotypes. I think many of us are aware that Porsche isn't exactly exclusive anymore, especially with the baby boxster and cajun around the corner.
Thanks for the support.

I agree that Porsche can't really be considered exclusive anymore, though this may depend on where one is. For example, not long ago I drove from Richmond to Baltimore (4 hours) on I-95 and I recall being struck by the observation that I didn't see a single a Porsche along the way until I got near my destination, where I then saw four of them within 5 minutes.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Also...I do have an explanation. They have the same passion you have for your car.
Thinking about this more, it does seem plausible that the passion of (some) guys in BMW forums runs so high that they could be motivated to attack others. It may be a milder analog of the zealots throughout history who have burned people alive, impaled people, engaged in systematic genocide, killed masses in terrorist acts, etc. People are capable of horrific things, so maybe a little controversy in a car forum isn't such a big deal by comparison.

But there's still the question of why we see more of this in BMW forums than Porsche forums. Could the BMW guys be that much more passionate?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Manifold
Thinking about this more, it does seem plausible that the passion of (some) guys in BMW forums runs so high that they could be motivated to attack others.
funny enough i never saw a rolls-royce owners bashing somebody`s car... why would that be...

c`mon, you guys take it to some odd level with all this. bmw, lotus, porsche - all those are fine cars. way better than an average hyunday/toyota/honda. who cares...

Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by utkinpol
funny enough i never saw a rolls-royce owners bashing somebody`s car... why would that be...

c`mon, you guys take it to some odd level with all this. bmw, lotus, porsche - all those are fine cars. way better than an average hyunday/toyota/honda. who cares...
No doubt they're all fine cars. Just trying to figure out the reason for the notorious attitude of some BMW guys, thinking that might indirectly tell us something about Porsche guys too. But as you imply, it may be too off-topic to pursue further.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
No doubt they're all fine cars. Just trying to figure out the reason for the notorious attitude of some BMW guys, thinking that might indirectly tell us something about Porsche guys too. But as you imply, it may be too off-topic to pursue further.
Maybe it isn't off-topic at all...

WHAT IF - the person who is doing all of this, is a BMW owner?

ooooooohhhhhh... Yeah, I went there.

(I know in my heart, that the average enthusiast may be a hater of other brands, but would not consider vandalism)

Old 09-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Maybe it isn't off-topic at all...

WHAT IF - the person who is doing all of this, is a BMW owner?

ooooooohhhhhh... Yeah, I went there.

(I know in my heart, that the average enthusiast may be a hater of other brands, but would not consider vandalism)
Interesting hypothesis. A complication is that many people own both Porsches and BMWs ... including me.

I guess the underlying question is whether particular cars tend to attract particular personalities and demographics of buyers. I think that's the case, and that marketing departments spend a lot of time looking into that (I'd love to get my hands on that info). After all, that's what branding is all about. Some of the ads I've seen from Porsche indicate that they know their market very well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh9c_V9ocyg

The third person fits me pretty well, and the last one fits my wife.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol

my point exactly...BFD if you point at other owners and question why they buy, act or post the way they do.

We are bascally all in the same boat.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:17 AM
my point exactly...BFD if you point at other owners and question why they buy, act or post the way they do.

We are bascally all in the same boat.
Lurk in the M3 forums for a while and then tell us if you still feel that way. Or if you really want to have some fun, tell them the handling of the M3 sucks compared to the 911 because it sits too high and the engine is at the wrong end, then take cover.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 AM
LambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these partsLambOfGod is infamous around these parts
The BMW guys are brutal characters. I don't think they have the Reputation calculator.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:06 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
As a former BMW owner (330i 135i) I used to spend a lot of time in the forum I mentioned previsously. I can say what stuck me most about 6speed is the lack of animosity directed at other owners of from the same manufacturer. I have yet to see a post here where a 997 owner looks down on an owner of a Cayman or Boxster or Cayenne or Panamera. I have never seen a post where it was suggested that owners of those vehicles somehow didn't own a real Porsche. I haven't seen a post were a Turbo owner or a GT3 or GT2 owner looked down a C2S. Just doesn't happen here.

In the BMW world they vicsiously attack each other. 328 owners are posers because they don't drive 335s. 335 owners must be inadequate and don't apprecaite the better balanced 328. All 3 series owners hate M3 owners and 1 series owners. 1 series owners hate on E90 guys and M3 guys. It is ridiculous beyond words.

Last edited by lacrosse; 09-30-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:19 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Lurk in the M3 forums for a while and then tell us if you still feel that way. Or if you really want to have some fun, tell them the handling of the M3 sucks compared to the 911 because it sits too high and the engine is at the wrong end, then take cover.

Doh....

I'm not discussing the cars...i speaking about the ability to join any one of these brands of ownership.

And the attitude that someone is elite because they can buy a porsche lead IMO to vandalism to some degree.

If you can buy an M3 or c63 you can buy a porsche. We are all in the same boat and make choices based on what appeals to us.

So who cares if they rant and rave. Thats what they like..so be it. Doesn't make you any smarter or better car buyer.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
keep em coming......

Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
keep em coming......

If you like this one, check out the one directed at Chuck! That one is starting to pick up some steam! LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hateration - Vandalised 2X Already!