997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

12' audi TTRS or 06' 997S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Dr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Bill is a glorious beacon of light
This thing is already pretty fast in totally stock form!
Basically, it's 80-90% the performance of an R8 at less than half the cost.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 AM
doktordyper is infamous around these parts
shame on you, tom!

Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Regardless of any stigma relating to the previous TT models...the TT-RS is a BAD RIDE! And the return of the inline 5 makes it even more awesome in my opinion. Shame on me for saying this....but if was between a regular 997S and the TT-RS....I'm driving the TT-RS and putting the extra $$ towards some upgrades that would make that inline 5 a BEAST!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
AppleChilli is infamous around these parts
I'm in the same position - 911S (driven) or TT RS (undriven); however, I've seen the comparison video vs the R8. The ttrs looks like it will be easier to live with as a dd and for the money may be a better value?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 AM
carrera4slakem is infamous around these parts
It's not a 911. Another poster made a good comment about the ttrs "it's feminine". I couldn't agree more.
My experiences with audi has gone deep over the last 10 years (b5, c5, b6, b7, b8, c6, etc...) and to say the least I'm trying to find a new brand to like. I've been a hard core audi fan and stuck up for them when no body didn't. My experiences are that they don't make them like they used to. It just seems that the newer and newer audi's we get have more and more problems with even higher repair bills because of all the stupid sensors that put the car into limp mode etc. In Los Angeles the audi dealers were great about getting my car fixed asap and be on my way.

In seattle and tacoma both audi dealers have disappointed to the point I can no longer be loyal so my opinion is mostly biased based on my experiences. BUT the ttrs still is feminine...lol

Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Carnut12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by medcap
It's not a 911. Another poster made a good comment about the ttrs "it's feminine". I couldn't agree more.
My experiences with audi has gone deep over the last 10 years (b5, c5, b6, b7, b8, c6, etc...) and to say the least I'm trying to find a new brand to like. I've been a hard core audi fan and stuck up for them when no body didn't. My experiences are that they don't make them like they used to. It just seems that the newer and newer audi's we get have more and more problems with even higher repair bills because of all the stupid sensors that put the car into limp mode etc. In Los Angeles the audi dealers were great about getting my car fixed asap and be on my way.

In seattle and tacoma both audi dealers have disappointed to the point I can no longer be loyal so my opinion is mostly biased based on my experiences. BUT the ttrs still is feminine...lol
This thread is several years old. I would bet 90% of TT-RS owners are male, anyone that would not buy one because people think it is feminine has a lot bigger issues than figuring out what car to buy.

I have a 911, but the TT-RS is a Beast and I would bet it holds its value better than most, the performance is certaily on par with the 911 for 99% of us that drive on the street.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carnut12
This thread is several years old. I would bet 90% of TT-RS owners are male, anyone that would not buy one because people think it is feminine has a lot bigger issues than figuring out what car to buy.
I agree unless you are driving in a pink vw beetle with matching color dice hanging from your rearview mirror and flowery brake lights. There is no such thing as a feminine car. Some guys equate driving a two seat roadster as girly, well continue driving your pickup trucks then. They don't know what they are missing.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Ynot
I agree unless you are driving in a pink vw beetle with matching color dice hanging from your rearview mirror and flowery brake lights. There is no such thing as a feminine car. Some guys equate driving a two seat roadster as girly, well continue driving your pickup trucks then. They don't know what they are missing.
I forgot all about the VW Bug with the Flowers on the Dashboard, you nailed that one.

But all the folks that call the Miata, Boxster, TT, ect Feminine obviously never drove one. My Miata was one of the funnest cars I ever owned, so feminine that is the most raced car out there.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:25 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
old thread..

anyways, it looks like the OP chose the 2006 997 C4S with x51..

personally, i would choose the new Cayman/Boxster over the TTRS

Sure, the TTRS has amazing power and potential.. but lacks the precision feel of Porsche steering IMO

plus, it is sort of 'cute'

BTW I am curious to see how the OP puts the cycle inside the 911..

pics please

Old 08-20-2013, 06:40 PM
I did not think the Steering of the New Porsches was even close to as precise as the 997, I did not drive it back to back with the TT-RS. I traded in a TT for my 911 and I did drive it back to back with a Base Boxster and I liked the way the TT drove better, it was definately faster and I felt it drove better as well.

I would love to drive a TT-RS back to back with a Cayman S.