997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

991 rear bumper/tails conversion from 997.1/2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:22 PM
ksdprasad is infamous around these parts
991 rear bumper/tails conversion from 997.1/2

Sorry typo on thread --> 991 rear bumper/tails conversion from 997.1/2

looks doable in my opinion, anyone in the plan to attempt? may be crazy question, but i am just looking for possibilities.

Last edited by ksdprasad; 10-14-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo on thread title
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Not sure what kind of answers anyone may have since not many have seen this thing in person let alone own one... how can anyone know right now? Or am I missing something? Besides... I'm not a fan of the new rear, not yet at least.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
I vote for the "crazy question" option

Old 10-15-2011, 06:05 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gpjli
I vote for the "crazy question" option
yes, and we are talking about a longer, brand new chassis, and totally body different body lines. Doable? Yeah, possibly, nothing is impossible with enough $$$. Justified? I highly doubt it. Might as well buy a new 991 instead.

With all that said, I'm sure someone like Wrecked, ooops sorry, Wicked Porsche, will come up with some sort of cheesy conversion in the near future.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
I know this is not for the 991 converison, however we now offer a 997.1 to 997.2 front and rear conversion.

This is a seamless install, all you will need is paint. No wiring or programing, the LED fronts and tails will be plug and play with this new harness we are offering.

997.2 Front Bumper Upgrade with LED's

997.2 Rear Bumper Upgrade with LED's

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 AM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Please PM price for the front conversion.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by ksdprasad
looks doable in my opinion, anyone in the plan to attempt? may be crazy question, but i am just looking for possibilities.
Found these below on eBay yesterday. Looks like the 991 conversion is feasible. the rear looks like needs big PITA work, if you see the bumper closely it is not having any cut out portion for 997's rear lid, don't think it will fit. Dont know how true are they in terms of fit. but someone else thinking on this. good to know.... just want to share you as well. below are the links.

Front conversion
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140695848754?item=140695848754&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Rear Conversion
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140695847457?item=140695847457&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Last edited by ksdprasad; 02-08-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
That rear conversion is impossible to work on a 997. i don't know what wicked is trying to sell. look at the fenders and rear deck lid on your 997 and then, look at the rear conversion he is offering. IMPOSSIBRU!

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 AM
AC911 is infamous around these parts
Going from .1 to .2 is one thing but why would you ever want to make a 997 look like a 991?

For me one of the best things about Porsche's is that they are not trying to be something they are not. They are what they are and that's it. Why would you want to change that?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:54 AM

nice picture

Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
front bumper looks nice.. since the 991 front is much sportier than the 997.1

i can see some people changing the front of 997.1 (and 996) to 991 variation..

i, however, would be hesitant to go 130 mph+ on a piece un-tested by professionals.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:06 PM
i emailed them this morning. received the below picture. a real 997 with 991 front bumper.

Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Wow... that actually looks good. I am now very interested. Hopefully we will know more on how the internals are affected if any, and how the install and fit is.

Can they get us better pics of both front and back?

Originally Posted by ksdprasad
i emailed them this morning. received the below picture. a real 997 with 991 front bumper.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
If the fit is ok and doesn't require a lot of fitment work it might be alright. I'm not fond of fiberglass bumpers. They tend to crack easily and rock chips are a major pain.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Wow... that actually looks good. I am now very interested. Hopefully we will know more on how the internals are affected if any, and how the install and fit is.

Can they get us better pics of both front and back?
I asked same q to them, will post pictures if I get them, also asked for any group buy option for 6speed. They are soon arrange one.

They have mentioned that they are fabricating rear now will post pictures soon. I will keep u updated if I get any responce from them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 991 rear bumper/tails conversion from 997.1/2