997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Shark Werks Goes on US Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tcouture
Always a good idea to leave a few bucks in the console for the tuner...

Computer geeks have to eat too!

T.

P.S.: The painter's tape matches the color very well. I would bet that green painter's tape matches zKermit's color pretty good too... Is that your way of picking car colors? Beige for the next one?
Haha.... I wish I'd done green on Kermit some point. You are right! I only pick by the painters tape color options

Old 11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Day 5 California
The additional power and responsiveness after the serious work was completed at EVOMS was put to good use- in the rain. Nothing like a welcome home rain shower upon entering California. Who says a GT3RS on Pilot Sport Cups doesn't work well in the rain?

One thing is for sure California has its fair share of good roads and beautiful scenery too:

Once we got to LA I had trouble finding a good welcome sign but I figured a Panamera Turbo would suffice and show that Hollywood was near by...

Before getting to the grapevine we couldn't resist a bit of Roller Coaster action:

We didn't start the fire:

Toilet break. Was it "The Bomb" burrito from last night?

Another hour another beautiful mountain. James can't help but look in awe:

James is a fit lad and any chance he gets to stretch he does just that:

His iphone getting a work-out as well:

This right here along the I-5 freeway probably isn't the nicest site of our journey. It's pretty much the smelliest too:

Almost home now...

What a trip, what a country, what a car! I still cannot think of a more fun way to break-in one of these Metzger GT3 engines. The entire package was comfortable, reliable and just downright fun to drive across a good portion of America. We even managed to get our Stage 1 Performance (Exhaust and EVOMSit) kit completed along the way so it wasn't all "play".

Old 11-07-2011, 02:50 PM
AC911 is infamous around these parts
Can't believe I missed this post. I live near Tempe and could have easily stopped by to check it out.

Oh well... next time you guys buy a GT3RS and drive thru my backyard...

Last edited by AC911; 11-07-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold

Ive learned the hard way not to eat the BOMB mexicasa on the road lol

Old 11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by lopro

Ive learned the hard way not to eat the BOMB mexicasa on the road lol
Haha yes some people learn the hard way!

Originally Posted by AC911
Can't believe I missed this post. I live near Tempe and could have easily stopped by to check it out.

Oh well... next time you guys buy a GT3RS and drive thru my backyard...
Ah sorry! Next time

Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Great pics ...... must have been a great trip.

Old 11-08-2011, 11:48 AM
mapcar is infamous around these parts
Great write-up and information. I will be calling for some advice on uprades for my 997.1.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:29 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
I cant sent pm's please shoot me a price on the exhaust (if you can send me out one to canada.) gt3 bypass

Old 11-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by nyseal
Great pics ...... must have been a great trip.
It was truly epic!
Originally Posted by mapcar
Great write-up and information. I will be calling for some advice on uprades for my 997.1.
Thanks and we're here for ya
I cant sent pm's please shoot me a price on the exhaust (if you can send me out one to canada.) gt3 bypass
For sure we've sent many out there before. James is Canadian too:P

Drop us an email to info@sharkwerks.com as I didn't get a PM?

Old 11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
i think im just below the correct amount of posts to be able to send pm's as im a new member to the forums. I just got my car not long ago. thanks for the pm

Old 11-08-2011, 03:20 PM
i think im just below the correct amount of posts to be able to send pm's as im a new member to the forums. I just got my car not long ago. thanks for the pm
Right back at ya! Congrats on the car

Old 11-10-2011, 10:14 AM
From the EVOMS boys:

SharkWerks picked up their 1 of 4 Gulf-inspired 2011 Porsche 997 GT3RS and via Route 66 made a bee line straight for Tempe, AZ. Why would they do that?

http://youtu.be/eXmW8seiN4M

In the quest for more horsepower they pitched their Tee-Pees by the Dyno at the home of the EVOMS intelligent tuning, or "E-V-O-M-S-i-t" for those not in the know. With a strong baseline 424rwhp (450hp crank) and 270 torque (317TQ crank), Sharkwerks' goal for Zuccone was to utilize his tuning prowess along with a SharkWerks exhaust and eke out even more power. The mission was accomplished with a live tune garnering an additional 16rwhp and 13tq to the wheels on an already highly strung GT3 motor and all on 91 octane. As well as improved throttle response left-foot braking was enabled with even smoother drivability.

Now that car is back at Sharkwerks for additional development... stay tuned!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM
And the aftermath:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-D1otV_Vz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z1w_R4D5A4

And for the local media in Illinois!