997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Shark Werks Goes on US Tour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Shark Werks Goes on US Tour

There have been some rather strange rumors circulating this past few days...

We only recently started scouting for the “right” car and out of the blue (pardon the pun) our friends at Isringhausen had just the car for us. In response to, “Hey Geoff, got any crazy color RS’ for sale?” So without further ado please let us introduce the newest addition to the Shark Werks family:

Perhaps seeing those Gulf 917s at Rennsport Reunion IV or maybe due to Larry C. waving his magic Shark-a-fied Blue GT3 in our faces, we sort of got hooked on blue... Apparently as 1 of 4 gulf-themed blue/orange motif 2011 GT3RS, it’s pretty blooming-stacked with options which include, BDCLR 98 ad DZL orange graphics/paint, PCCBs, Noselift, Dynamic Cornering Lights, Full Leather, ZLR Light battery, 619 BlueSharkTeeth, 870 USB, CYW alcantara Sun Visors (what?!), XLG alcantara storage lid w/ logo, XSC Head crests, CMT painted belt passthru, EZD Extended carbon, XSY yellow belts and door pulls, CLA thick alcantara wheel, XYZ alu foot rest, XMJ carbon console, XUB painted head-light nipples and navigation (and other things I forget) so we don’t get lost.

She’s got 21 miles on her so do you really think we’re just going to have her shipped out to California? Heck no! It’s time for a Shark-cation and next Wednesday we will be flying out to Springfield, Illinois and driving the 2229 mile journey (ahem break-in…) all the way back to Northern California. Before we do that you know there’s no way on Earth we’re doing so without a stereo upgrade in the form of the Shark Werks exhaust which the guys at Isringhausen will install for us about 30 seconds after we accept delivery. Sorry, but the stock sound, whilst nice, needs an upgrade for a trip such as this and the folks out there have done this installation a few times before.

This road-trip means we’ll be driving through several states including, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and finally California. Since we’ll be attempting this trip at a “leisurely” pace (hey we’re doing this for SCIENCE and data collection), if anyone wants to meet up for a bite, or give us tips on what to see and where to eat and of course on some good roads or just want a demo along the way let us know and send us an Email to info@sharkwerks.com ! I’m sure we’ll be only to glad to give you a rev or two.

As you can see from the map above we’ll be making a routine pit-stop at our EVOMS chums in Arizona. Now why would we do such a thing? By the time we get there we will have logged 1500+ miles on the motor and be ready to take the stage with our EVOMSit tuning dance. Together with our chums Todd, John, Robert & Ian we'll eke out whatever we can with our exhaust(s) and 91 octane (and 93+). To round things off a few days later we'll rip through the desert back to Shark Werks HQ.

We will attempt to keep you updated along the way with random thoughts (or other drivel!) but there will still be folks at Shark Werks holding down the fort. Ready or not here we come middle America- two dudes and a bright Blue/Orange RS wish us luck!

Finally, we really must mention just how great the entire team at Isringhausen has been to work with. They’ve always been active in the community and even given us Sharks their full support with exhausts and other fun track-aimed parts. What a great group of guys and we have to thank Geoff Jr and Geoff Sr. for making it such a fun, pleasant and exciting experience.

Last edited by sharkster; 10-27-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Cool deal! What's the plan for the name to go with ZKermit & ZTadpole???

It looks like you'll be passing a little north of us in Dallas, but if you wander south a little, let us know.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
I bought my red gts from Geoff Jr. at Iringhausen also.

As a matter of fact, it's still there. I need to get it next week. Congrats on the new car!

It is amazing. Can't wait to see what you guys do with it. Have a fun/safe trip

Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vintage TONE
I bought my red gts from Geoff Jr. at Iringhausen also.

As a matter of fact, it's still there. I need to get it next week. Congrats on the new car!

It is amazing. Can't wait to see what you guys do with it. Have a fun/safe trip
For sure he's truly awesome to work with! Have them put this on:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

Originally Posted by dallascajun
Cool deal! What's the plan for the name to go with ZKermit & ZTadpole???

It looks like you'll be passing a little north of us in Dallas, but if you wander south a little, let us know.
You bring up a good point... We're taking name suggestions

Old 10-27-2011, 10:58 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
ZGuppy

Old 10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed.... and jealous!!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by dallascajun
ZGuppy
Haha!
Originally Posted by 997xpress
Subscribed.... and jealous!!!!
Thanks man!

Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Flip is infamous around these parts
"Smurfette" .....but you'll need to shorten for your license plate.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:10 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Wow! That's a dream car.

And a dream semi cross country trip. Considering that my car was coated in wet slush when I left work tonight, any warm climate driving looks good!.

Name for the car? How about ZGulf?

Old 10-27-2011, 09:08 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
You are killing me Sharky! I was soooooooooo looking at that car... Darn... Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

Well, I guess at least I'll get to see it on my next visit in SJC in two weeks.

&!@^!*)(!#&)(!^!&*^!*&(!*!@&^&*!^@,

T.

Name suggestions: zKoi, zPinata

Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 AM
MPM3 is infamous around these parts
car looks amazing ! congrats you guys really are awesome

Old 10-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by MPM3
car looks amazing ! congrats you guys really are awesome
Thank you for the kind words and we'll keep you fellas posted on the progress!
Originally Posted by tcouture
You are killing me Sharky! I was soooooooooo looking at that car... Darn... Let me know if you ever want to sell it.

Well, I guess at least I'll get to see it on my next visit in SJC in two weeks.

&!@^!*)(!#&)(!^!&*^!*&(!*!@&^&*!^@,

T.

Name suggestions: zKoi, zPinata
Hehe Thierry I like those names For sure swing by and check 'er out when you're here!

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Wow! That's a dream car.

And a dream semi cross country trip. Considering that my car was coated in wet slush when I left work tonight, any warm climate driving looks good!.

Name for the car? How about ZGulf?
Thanks mate and indeed we're hoping the weather holds out otherwise pilot sport cups will be fun:P We thought about Z_Gulf but not sure

Originally Posted by Flip
"Smurfette" .....but you'll need to shorten for your license plate.
Haha...

Old 10-28-2011, 12:28 PM
amb997 is infamous around these parts
My favorite color scheme, im jealous… Very nice ride. Do you guys work with any Houston shops? I’m going to be in the market for exhaust at the end of the year and need a recomendation for a good place to have the work done.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Amazing colors... I would not change a thing on that car. Well, not right away at least hehe. Very nice indeed!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by amb997
My favorite color scheme, im jealous… Very nice ride. Do you guys work with any Houston shops? I’m going to be in the market for exhaust at the end of the year and need a recomendation for a good place to have the work done.
Aw thanks! I'd say send me an Email and I can try and refer you etc....
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Amazing colors... I would not change a thing on that car. Well, not right away at least hehe. Very nice indeed!
Thank you and other than the exhaust....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shark Werks Goes on US Tour