997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fitment for Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:38 AM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by simtiaz
funny, we used the one from Harbor Freight but if you are looking to change check out below links

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Spri...sor/ES1306817/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Spri...sor/ES2093755/
Are the arms made from steel? Yours look so much more sturdy, maybe its the black finish. Anyway, thanks for the links, the second one is a very interesting design I've not seen before. The compressors on the first link is also sold on Amazon, reviews seem very favorable.

Originally Posted by Alan C.
If you have a PepBoys near you they have loaner tools. That's what I did when I put the Eibachs on from the Tire Rack.
I do have a Pep Boys nearby, wasn't aware that they loan out tools. That's actually a good option if their compressors are of professional quality.

Last edited by solidst8; 01-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
The one near me had quality tools. They had two types of compressors and loaned both to me. One worked and one didn't. I can check and see if I can get the part numbers if you are interested.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
The one near me had quality tools. They had two types of compressors and loaned both to me. One worked and one didn't. I can check and see if I can get the part numbers if you are interested.
That's very nice of you to offer to check, but I think I've made up my mind about buying the compressor in simtiaz's post. It's moderately priced and looks a bit safer. The compressor that Craftsman makes looks to be of the same design too. I shall give it a try.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a link to the better looking of the two kits above. It's an online sale ending Saturday, today. Schwaben Pro-Series Spring Compressor Kit, $202.50 The ones used in simtiaz's DIY are the same as the ones that worked for me at PepBoys. Free is good when it works.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00902993000P?mv=rr

It's not too bad a job to do by yourself. I swapped out springs the night before I traded my car in to the dealer. It is possible to get the top of the strut outside the wheel well without breaking down the ball joint, I did.

If you also want more negative camber nows the time to to add camber plates. With the spring drop and a set of Tarett camber plates you should be able to get pretty close to -2.5 deg.

I'm still waiting to hear about the Eibachs or I may end up with the TechArts from SharkWerks.

Last edited by Alan C.; 01-27-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Free is good when it works.
Oh, didn't know Pepboys lends out for free. Thought it was for rent.

I just found this at the Pepboys website, http://www.pepboys.com/parts/tools. Yeah same tool, and free. Cool.

Now I got the tools set, all I gotta do is find something to install.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:36 AM
tri
tri is infamous around these parts
Do we have the verdict on GTS springs?

Old 01-28-2012, 10:38 AM
SharkWerks has installed TechArts on the GTS. The C2S has H&R/Eibach/TechArt as options.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Damon,

Any update on springs for the GTS?