997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fitment for Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Fitment for Lowering Springs

I'm thinking about lowering my GTS (PASM only, no SPASM) with Eibach springs. Quick question: does the GTS have similar springs as Carrera S or 4S? Currently, Eibach only has options for NB Carrera models, but not sure if those will fit GTS or if I need to wait for 4/4S fitments.

Not interested in coilovers, just want to reduce the gap of higher US ride height. Have considered H&R, TechArt and Eibach. I know Eibach manufactures the TechArts, but a little different spec. I just don't want to spend twice as much for those. Have seen enough questionable comments about H&R to steer me away.

Any ideas on whether the C2 springs are the right fitment? Part number 7217.140.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking at a GTS with the same thought.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:18 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Pretty sure C2/C2S fitment is correct, and C4/C4S fitment is different to make up for added weight on front wheels due to AWD hardware. Just checking for a more 'expert' opinion.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
the gts is a widebody car. It has the same suspension as the turbo, or 4S, not a narrow body.
But it is a rear wheel drive only. So there is most likely spring rate differences for the front.
You had better talk to H&R or eibach before you buy anything. make sure it takes widebody springs or something special they dont make yet.
H&R is making the 4S springs now and they are available.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OKB
the gts is a widebody car. It has the same suspension as the turbo, or 4S, not a narrow body.
I am sorry OKB but I am not so sure...

For some reason, my Porsche parts catalog doesn't have the GTS model yet... But it does have the Sport Classic (I756) which is also a widebody RWD car.

That being said, if I look at the C2S with SPASM and the Classic, they have the same springs. I repeat: the I756 Sport Classic suspension doesn't use the C4S SPASM springs, it uses C2S/I030 springs.

This would lead me to believe that the GTS, when configured with PASM (not SPASM) uses the same springs as the C2S with PASM (not SPASM).

In any event, the best deal I found when I was shopping for Eibach springs was with TireRack, why dont you just give Damon there a shout? He normally is pretty helpful (although he doesn't carry Toyo tires - wink, wink).

Hope this helps,

T.

P.S.: In PET attachments below, I029 = Standard Chassis (no std PASM for C2, PASM for C2S), I030 = Sport Type Chassis (SPASM), and I756 = Sport Classic

Attached Images     

Last edited by tcouture; 10-30-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Thanks. This helps validate that GTS uses NB springs and not WB. Already have the Eibachs in my cart on TireRack, just trying to validate first. Will call them tomorrow.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM
last911 has a spectacular aura aboutlast911 has a spectacular aura about
Have you considered possible OEM Euro Market springs?

Before pulling the trigger, check with Gert at http://www.carnewal-europe.com/ to determine if the Euro market uses the same PASM shocks, but different springs than the US market model. In the past, the US cars were set to ride higher than German market cars in order to meet some US Federal ride height regulations. Without a parts book that shows all worldwide variations of the GTS it's hard to know for sure. Email Gert at carnewal and see if he can shed any light. Carnewal is a great supplier, but hey have been fighting the headwinds of the declining dollar the last few years with customers in the US market. I've purchased quite a few items from them over the years and can highly recommend them.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
OKB
OKB is infamous around these parts
I dont know, but I wouldnt do anything with out asking h&r or eibach first. The h&r c4s 997.2 spring was just released a couple months ago. The eibach I was told uses these springs with their name on them and released the same time.
the h&r is 54097-2 and $350 on ebay.
all the others should be there also.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
We are not sure the GTS drivetrain will allow use of springs not specifically designed for this car. The engine and drivetrain are different. We have inquired with Eibach on this and are awaiting input for their engineering team.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
If you are trying to do the install yourself, I've have documented (pics only) DYI spring installed on C2S few months ago.

Link: http://www.digitalmemories4you.com/S...031980_7JcpT75

Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
Has anyone gone down this road yet with the GTS and can confirm if we need the NB or WB spring set? Lookng for a winter project for my GTS....

Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Originally Posted by simtiaz
If you are trying to do the install yourself, I've have documented (pics only) DYI spring installed on C2S few months ago.

This is an awesome guide! I may attempt to do it myself. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
solidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud ofsolidst8 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by simtiaz

Great job. May I ask where you bought your spring compressors? I really need to replace the cast iron spring compressors I bought from Harbor Freight.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a PepBoys near you they have loaner tools. That's what I did when I put the Eibachs on from the Tire Rack.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by solidst8
Great job. May I ask where you bought your spring compressors? I really need to replace the cast iron spring compressors I bought from Harbor Freight.
funny, we used the one from Harbor Freight but if you are looking to change check out below links

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Spri...sor/ES1306817/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Spri...sor/ES2093755/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fitment for Lowering Springs