997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Color to sample '12 Carrera GTS 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 08:41 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Color to sample '12 Carrera GTS 4

The crew at Leith Porsche in Raleigh brought out a new 2012 Carrera 4 GTS in stunning 'Color to Sample' ("Gray-Black") for today's 'first Saturday Cars & Coffee. The car is simply gorgeous (my photos suck.. but you get the idea).

$132K on the sticker.. she's loaded.

Last edited by NC 997; 11-05-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Doesn't really trip my trigger, color that is. Not sure what it is but something is just not right, wheels maybe?

Old 11-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
I really like the color, but not the 4WD and Aero kit. The wheels might look better in silver with that color...

Old 11-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I looks like the factory primer color under black paint.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:11 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
I also saw this car in person. Pictures do not do it justice. The color/wheel combination looks great and adds a "don't screw with me" attitude to the car, and I am not a fan of black wheels. The factory aero kit adds to the street/track attitude.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
If the Aerokit actually resembled the 997.2 GT3 bodywork, then I might favor it. But to me the aerokit is outdated...more 996 than anything.

Color is OK, not stunning, but not bad. I'm also not a fan of the painted spoiler lip, side skirts and lower rear panels...on any 911. Don't know why, just don't like them.

And if the wheels weren't black, the model designation on the rear and doors would need to be silver as well. But I like those just the way they are...gives a menacing attitude.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Love everything about it EXCEPT the model designation on the back. Way too long!

Oh and it needs the clear side markers!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Porsche should have named it the Carrera GTS4, for no other reason than the aesthetics of the Model Designations on the car.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:26 AM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
It is a beautiful car indeed but if it was my money I would be buying the 991 S hands down.

Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 AM
MPM3 is infamous around these parts
love everything the color esp.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Looks like a darker version of Man From Chile

Old 11-06-2011, 05:01 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Looks like a battleship! Hmm, I'll go down another road... The crew at a dealership brings out a car to a cars and coffee and it was a paint to match car? So, special order car was cruised out to a meet by the dealer? I suppose there was a reason - seems odd to me that the owner would cruise to a meet and leave the sticker on the window. If that was my special order battleship, I would be PISSED...

Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Rodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really niceRodsky is just really nice
Not my cup of tea to be honest. Don't love the color.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Vintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura aboutVintage TONE has a spectacular aura about
That thing would look great in Gurads Red.........

Old 11-06-2011, 05:16 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Looks like a battleship! Hmm, I'll go down another road... The crew at a dealership brings out a car to a cars and coffee and it was a paint to match car? So, special order car was cruised out to a meet by the dealer? I suppose there was a reason - seems odd to me that the owner would cruise to a meet and leave the sticker on the window. If that was my special order battleship, I would be PISSED...
I'm hoping that's a car ordered by the owner of the dealership.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Color to sample '12 Carrera GTS 4