997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Add Bluetooth Audio to 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
keenan9 is infamous around these partskeenan9 is infamous around these parts
Add Bluetooth Audio to 997.2

I've been finding myself listening to more and more off Spotify and Pandora, and I was frustrated that I couldn't stream this audio to the stereo in the car via the iPhone connection.

So I did some research and I came up with what seems like a great solution. I picked up the Miccus BluBridge mini-jack Rx from Amazon. I have no affiliation with this company, and just stumbled across it while researching solutions, but due to the form-factor, and USB charging capability I knew it would be a perfect fit for what was in the car.

http://www.miccus.com/products/blubridge-mini-jack-rx

It connects perfectly in the center console. You connect the 3.5mm cable to the AUX connection on the car, and connect the USB cable to the USB port for charging the adapter. Now I am able to stream my tunes via Bluetooth to the PCM. And the phone will still even connect to the PCM via Bluetooth for phone calls. Audio quality seems to be very good so far, and I have not had any issues with the connectivity.

Last edited by keenan9; 11-11-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:40 AM
That AnyStream device looks perfect. I think I will give that a try on my other car to compare the two.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 AM
rubber_ducky is infamous around these parts
I just purchased one as well. Good to know that the sound quality isn't terrible.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Update. Got the Cartronics AnyStream unit listed above today, and it doesn't appear to work with the 997.2. I am working with Cartronics support to see if they can provide any assistance to get it working. I will keep the thread updated.

Update on the BluBridge is that it's not ideal either because every time you want to reconnect the Bluetooth connection you need to press the button on the unit. But it works just fine once you connect it.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
911JDB is infamous around these parts
I was wondering if this was possible. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Update. Still waiting for a response from Cartronics regarding the issues I have encountered with the AnyStream. Right now I actually was able to get it to work by setting the PCM to AUX, which is bizarre since nothing is actually hooked into the AUX port. Huge advantage over the Miccus is that it automatically reconnects to the phone.

Audio quality seems to be very good, although not as good as if I physically connect the iPhone to the iPod connector. Also, another drawback is no Artist or Song Name gets displayed when connected through AnyStream. I am wondering if anyone else with a 997.2 has tried this device out yet and experienced the same thing.

The Miccus unit has been sent back to Amazon. I am going to continue to play with the AnyStream.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
griffinto is infamous around these parts
Delete

Last edited by griffinto; 02-26-2012 at 05:06 PM.