997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tuned by EVOMSit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 01:01 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Tuned by EVOMSit

The boys of EVOMSit were at HG Motorsports in La Jolla today tuning ECU's all day and I brought down my 997 for them to get it tuned. I waited to do all my engine mods before tying it all together with this tune. These are all the parts I installed before getting it tuned:
Afterhours Mufflers
Borla Headers
Fabspeed 200 cell cats
X51 intake
BMC Filters
IPD Plenum
Aasco Lightweight flywheel

Reason I personally went for EVOMSit is because I like that Todd writes up each file for every car and takes into account all the mods and the octane used for that car. Also, Sharkwerks, Stuttgart Performance/RSS, and HG Motorsports swear by them and I take these guys' opinion very seriously. The main reason I wanted the tune is to get the most out of all my engine mods so that the car can take full advantage of all the more freely breathing exhaust/intake components. I also had this annoying hesitation that felt like turbo lag when stomping the pedal in 1st gear that I really wanted to get rid of.

As soon as I got to HG Motorsports, they started pulling out the ECU from the back.

Once the ECU was pulled out, Ian sent my file out to Todd working from EVOMSit's headquarters out in Arizona.

Within less than an hour the new file came in and they programmed it into my ECU and put it back in the car.

Results:
First thing I immediately noticed was the changed throttle response. Power delivery was immediate as soon as I tapped the pedal. Felt like I had a sport button turned on that made the throttle more aggressive but not twitchy and overly sensitive. Second thing I tested for was to see if that annoying hesitation was still there. I stopped the car and then floored it out of 1st gear and the car's power never dipped down, it just went! Hesitation was completely gone and the car ran like a bat out of hell. The car feels more lively and I'm completely happy with the tune. Car definitely has more power and I know it's free'd up some more horses by maximizing all of my mod's potential. I will get the car dyno'd soon just to see what kind of power i'm making but I don't need a dyno to tell me that the tune changed the car's characteristics. I want to give a BIG thank you to Ian, Matt, Chris and Todd!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:30 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
V35

Thanks for the write up and congrats on the car. What an awesome ride.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:14 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by buckwheat986
V35

Thanks for the write up and congrats on the car. What an awesome ride.
Thanks! Just wanted to share my experience with EVOMSit for those considering a tune.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Great story! Good to hear you're happy!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:33 PM
scuderiavw is infamous around these parts
happy to hear you like it

Old 11-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Did Todd & Co. give you an idea of anticipated power? I can see upgraded turbos and intercoolers in your future. It is so much fun to spend other people's money!! Enjoy in good health!

Opps, wrong thread....so much for turbos and intercoolers! sorry......

Last edited by Steamboat; 11-13-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:48 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I am a big fan of EVOMSit. I prefer them over the other tuners, not that I am an expert on tuners but I just have heard many guys that know more than me say the same.
Congrats, and if you live in SD let me know we should get together for a drive.

Old 11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
v35
Originally Posted by Steamboat
Very nice! Did Todd & Co. give you an idea of anticipated power? I can see upgraded turbos and intercoolers in your future. It is so much fun to spend other people's money!! Enjoy in good health!

Opps, wrong thread....so much for turbos and intercoolers! sorry......
+13 hp an +14 tq is the anticipated gains from the tune alone.

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I am a big fan of EVOMSit. I prefer them over the other tuners, not that I am an expert on tuners but I just have heard many guys that know more than me say the same.
Congrats, and if you live in SD let me know we should get together for a drive.
I totally agree with you. I'm not an expert on the subject either but those that are in the business that I talk to strongly prefer them. Definitely down for a drive but don't think my car will be able to keep up with your beast!

Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Great writeup! I'm hoping to have them flash the Lambo's ECUs soon. Always hear nothing but great things about EVOMSit tuning.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 PM
v35
Originally Posted by Smoky
Great writeup! I'm hoping to have them flash the Lambo's ECUs soon. Always hear nothing but great things about EVOMSit tuning.

Thanks, you'll be happy with the flash on your Lambo! There was a Gallardo getting flashed right after mine:

Old 11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Djork is infamous around these partsDjork is infamous around these parts
Hey v35, have you dynoed your car yet? I'm interested in seeing what you're pushing to the wheels!

Old 11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
v35
Originally Posted by Djork
Hey v35, have you dynoed your car yet? I'm interested in seeing what you're pushing to the wheels!
Planning on getting it done this week

Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
TimAD is infamous around these parts
Great gains from the tune. How is the drivability, is there any difference in the Redline with the EVOMsit?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:00 PM
v35
Originally Posted by TimAD
Great gains from the tune. How is the drivability, is there any difference in the Redline with the EVOMsit?
Drivability is improved. Throttle isn't twitchy. Power delivery is very smooth and instantaneous and it has removed all my old flat spots. I opted to keep my redline untouched but they can raise the redline if you choose to.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:05 PM
TimAD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by v35
Drivability is improved. Throttle isn't twitchy. Power delivery is very smooth and instantaneous and it has removed all my old flat spots. I opted to keep my redline untouched but they can raise the redline if you choose to.
That's great news. A lot of tuning software doesn't really do much on the throttle response but only really ups the power. Sounds like they have everything dialed in for an all around package upgrade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuned by EVOMSit