997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Added the New/Old school "PORSCHE" letter emblems to my 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
yep... started at the middle with the "S" and the rest followed. pretty easy once you get your spacing correct. I measured the "H" and made a cardboard template for the spacing. blue tape for the guides.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:55 PM
DS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to beholdDS997c2s is a splendid one to behold
I got mine a while back too...

Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Piratesoul is infamous around these parts
I'm torn on adding the PORSCHE letters in lieu of the Carrera S lettering or going naked.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:01 PM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
Great idea, I may have to copy you Djork!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
I like the idea, but not having to wash and wax around those letters.
For the Targa 4, I'd rather they embed the name in the reflector, maybe even actively lighting it.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:59 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Why repeat what's already etched on the rear window for all to see (read)?

Some even frame their rear license plate with another Porsche script, as if people do not recognize the car.

I prefer it as understated as possible.

Last edited by adias; 01-23-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by adias
Why repeat what's already etched on the rear window for all to see (read)?

Some even frame their rear license plate with another Porsche script, as if people do not recognize the car.

I prefer it as understated as possible.

Then why not remove the lettering entirely?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 PM
adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !adias Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cavsct94
De-badging is an option. However, nothing wrong keeping stock non-redundant badging.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cavsct94
Nothing wrong with doing that, but I'd be more likely to ask "why not?" about spending the time driving the car instead.

If I was that annoyed at something from the factory it would be those bloody damn warning decals pasted around.

Gary

Old 01-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by simsgw
If I was that annoyed at something from the factory it would be those bloody damn warning decals pasted around.

Gary
Blame DOT for those. They feel they need to protect us. i guess some people need protection, as Darwin often fails to do his job.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:10 PM
simsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond reputesimsgw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adias
Blame DOT for those. They feel they need to protect us. i guess some people need protection, as Darwin often fails to do his job.
I know, I know. I just read an article by Jeremy Clarkson that makes me realize things could be so much worse. Apparently, English insurance companies dictate which cars one can own, given one's demographics. He was choosing a car for his daughter and was limited to something under... 1.2 liters I think it was. Because she's a new driver. Twaddle.

Whoever let some bureaucrat get all puffed up with the notion that he could decide such things better than people paying the bills?

Gary

Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by simsgw
I know, I know. I just read an article by Jeremy Clarkson that makes me realize things could be so much worse. Apparently, English insurance companies dictate which cars one can own, given one's demographics. He was choosing a car for his daughter and was limited to something under... 1.2 liters I think it was. Because she's a new driver. Twaddle.

Whoever let some bureaucrat get all puffed up with the notion that he could decide such things better than people paying the bills?

Gary
The state knows better. NOT!

Old 03-31-2012, 07:05 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
P O R S C H E on my C4S

I think it looks good - still not sure. I'll leave it on and see if it grows on me. I don't like giving up the "4S" specification -- but nice for a change. I think the chrome on white works particularly well.

Attached Images   
Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
fc2s is infamous around these partsfc2s is infamous around these parts
I think it dilutes all the wonderful models into one big Porsche bucket...

Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 AM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fc2s
I think it dilutes all the wonderful models into one big Porsche bucket...
I think the iconic 911 shape precludes that. To me, it is a neat fusion of modern and retro. I'd love to see it with a ducktail.