997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone else winterizing yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Max77 has a spectacular aura aboutMax77 has a spectacular aura about
Anyone else winterizing yet?

I jumped the gun a little this year, but we've had morning temps in the low 30s the last week or so in Chicago so I got my winter wheels/tires put on my 4S today. They're the same set I had on my Cayman and surprisingly the offset is great. The fronts stick out a hair more than the summers and the rears aren't horrible. My WeatherTech mats also arrived today which will be going in. I need to put a couple coats of Zaino on and then I'm all set.

I'm looking forward to my 4S's first winter, has anyone else done their wheel/tire swap yet?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:54 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I put on a set of Bridgestone Potenza 970A/S a couple days ago here in Seattle.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM
terpsred has a spectacular aura aboutterpsred has a spectacular aura about
I swapped out to winters to scrub in new rubber before it gets too cold. Of course it's been mid 50s in the DC area as soon as I put them on.....But I'm ready!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 PM
MG997 is infamous around these parts
Yep! Winter #2 for me on the Sottozero 240s. Last year was brutal snow but I managed surprisingly well! Good luck.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:19 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Ready

I havent driven a Porsche in winter for a long time. I have already installed Victor Zehn 18s w Pirellis. New rubber mats down. Hardtop will be on Friday.

Im ready!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I changed the memory setting on my climate control from 70 to 72. Ready for winter!!

Old 11-16-2011, 07:21 PM
nelsonmx is infamous around these parts
Yes, the 911's are in storage, and I'll put the snows on the Cayenne next week!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Vinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to beholdVinnysca is a splendid one to behold
I've had the oil changed. Tires filled with nitrous to 50 psi. Battery maintainer plugged in. It's all set for Winter storage! :-)

It'll be my Cayenne's first New England Winter. We'll see how it'll handle the roads with the factory all season tires.

Vinny

Old 11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
na011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nicena011 is just really nice
I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the inside & put 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on the outside of the top.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:20 PM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Max77
I jumped the gun a little this year, but we've had morning temps in the low 30s the last week or so in Chicago so I got my winter wheels/tires put on my 4S today. They're the same set I had on my Cayman and surprisingly the offset is great. The fronts stick out a hair more than the summers and the rears aren't horrible. My WeatherTech mats also arrived today which will be going in. I need to put a couple coats of Zaino on and then I'm all set.

I'm looking forward to my 4S's first winter, has anyone else done their wheel/tire swap yet?
Did you use your cayman in the snow? How did it perform compared to the carrera 4 wheel drive system?
Thanks!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Winter # 1 for the Cayenne and # 3 for the C4S. I change my winter tires in Early October as I drive through mountain passes every week. The C4S has Michelin PA's and the Cayenne has Pirelli ice and snow. Just came back driving the C4S through icy roads over snoqualmie pass. The C4S is such an amazing car. You just have to drive dilligently and watch the car stick to the road like mozzarella on a hot iron skillet. Best DD ever. Cayenne will only be called for duty when there is a need for the snow plough

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 11-16-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by IslandS62
I changed the memory setting on my climate control from 70 to 72. Ready for winter!!
I knew some warm climate wiseguy would chime in here

Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by AMG101
Did you use your cayman in the snow? How did it perform compared to the carrera 4 wheel drive system?
Thanks!
Prior to the Cayman I had an Audi, which of course was absolutely amazing even with "only" all seasons. The Cayman was actually very good for a 2WD car when using dedicated winters. I almost got stuck once, but that was in my alley after the enormous blizzard Chicago had which was the worst in 30 years. So, not really a fair judge of winter performance Never spun out, but had the tail slip out a bit a few times when pushing harder than I should've. I certainly had to drive with caution when the roads were unplowed, but otherwise it was better than many 2WD rentals I've had when traveling for work. People couldn't believe I drove it in the snow.

I just bought the 4S in June so this will be its first winter. I expect great things from it and am really looking forward to the first large snowfall.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
gibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura aboutgibbonsc4s has a spectacular aura about
All set to go! First winter with the c4s, dealership had a good deal on wheels with sottozeros, so went with those.

Apparently there's a 12 year warranty against rust, so not going to bother with any additional measures.

Southern Ontario, bring on the snow, but leave the black ice at home nobody likes that.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:08 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
snowed last night here in ontario. It's over for another 5 months. PAcked the car away for the year. Just stairing at it late at night with the woodstove on in the garage. I hate winter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone else winterizing yet?