997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BOB's Makeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 02:52 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
I had those wheels on my 911S. Very nice wheel! Those tail lights are fantastic as well!
Thanks Doc! I can't agree more on the wheels. The value on the wheels are awesome...some wheels cost more EACH than these did for the SET! The Avant Garde Classics are great too for the retro look.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:50 PM
DirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud ofDirtyVegas has much to be proud of
Cool stuff. Car looks good, but that intake... it seems it would suck all the hot air inside the engine bay.

In all honesty I do not think that very basic intake, exhaust and tune on a base 997 will give you better performance than a 997S. But it sure would be nice!

Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by DirtyVegas
Cool stuff. Car looks good, but that intake... it seems it would suck all the hot air inside the engine bay.

In all honesty I do not think that very basic intake, exhaust and tune on a base 997 will give you better performance than a 997S. But it sure would be nice!
Dirty...drove my C2 a lot today. I have driven a few 997S. I think that you are partly right. My feel is that with the mods, this C2 is as quick to maybe 60. I honestly think that the S is quicker to 100. Again, no timers other than a stop watch held by a passenger. I drove my C2 with the tune for a few days BEFORE the exhaust and intake were put in. I think the tune made the biggest difference in throttle shift and acceleration. The bolt ons make the acceleration seem stronger with smoother shifts, but not quicker (does that make sense?!). No difference in acceleration time but I love the sound of the exhaust. All in all, I am pretty happy with the changes since I ruled out the TPC Turbo option.

At the end of the day, I can't use the speed and power that I have now! The toll roads at 11pm are getting boring! Maybe once I get on the track, I will rekindle the desire for a Turbo!

Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
"Bob" looks great, good choices.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:21 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Did you just blackout the stock rear diffuser? Looks like ceramic coated tips and painted valence to match? Sharp, subtle mod.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Socalbd.... The tips were chrome but didn't look right with the color combo so we painted them black. The bottom of the bumper between the tips was vinyled black. Same vinyl was used to cover the original stone guards. It was a really cheap upgrade! Chris Sterling, Sterlingautoconcepts@gmail.com did all the work.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I have the brushed stainless tips and don't love them, so definitely going to ceramic coat them black. I have to find out about the black material you used in between, as I have the rock guards on order. (took 2 mos to deliver from Germany to BH Porsche. Just arrived there). That ties the rock guards together well. Nice effect.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:33 PM
itspol is infamous around these parts
Looks great

Old 11-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by socalbd
I have the brushed stainless tips and don't love them, so definitely going to ceramic coat them black. I have to find out about the black material you used in between, as I have the rock guards on order. (took 2 mos to deliver from Germany to BH Porsche. Just arrived there). That ties the rock guards together well. Nice effect.
Here are the pics of the vinyl application on the car. There are a few places that can do that for you. Chris Sterling in Lake Forest is the most reasonable for this kind of stuff.

Attached Images   
Old 12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
After this latest round of mods, my car "BOB" got invited to an Avant Garde photo shoot. Here are the pics from the shoot. You may have seen them on some wheel sponsor postings. These pics are on the agwheels.com website and are being downloaded by vendors. Know this.....NONE of those vendors worked on my car! If you have specific questions, you can PM me. Chris Sterling (the Black Turbo is his) in South OC has done every mod currently on BOB.....

Attached Images     
Old 12-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Vancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the roughVancouver-BC is a jewel in the rough
Very nice. I have an Arctic Silver 07 C2, and your mods have given me some ideas.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Just added the black stone guards and love the look. Are those pics from irvine Great Park?

Old 12-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mickfluff
pics of full car please....nice job.
+++1

Old 12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
So BOB is now a celebrity, congratulations!

Old 12-09-2011, 06:58 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
looks good. Liking those wheels and the rear end treatment.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BOB's Makeover