997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BOB's Makeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 07:48 AM
F1 Kevin is infamous around these parts
Nice setup

Old 12-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Djork is infamous around these partsDjork is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GTRR
My 06 C2, BOB, got a makeover!
ETG ECU tune
Fabspeed Muffler
Fabspeed Tips
Fabspeed Intake
New Pilot Sport Rear Tires
Black Vinyl Wrap Accents

Are those stock cats?

Old 12-09-2011, 02:27 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRR
Thanks Doc! I can't agree more on the wheels. The value on the wheels are awesome...some wheels cost more EACH than these did for the SET! The Avant Garde Classics are great too for the retro look.
ur car looks great and i like most of the mods u have done..

but the extra weight u put on with these wheels (26 and 29 lbs?) may offset any performance gains u got from exhaust, intake, ecu tune, etc..

IMO, easiest and best way to improve ur 'Bob's performance will be to lose unsprung weight.

there is a reason why Champion or HRE cost arm and a leg..

Old 12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
ur car looks great and i like most of the mods u have done..

but the extra weight u put on with these wheels (26 and 29 lbs?) may offset any performance gains u got from exhaust, intake, ecu tune, etc..

IMO, easiest and best way to improve ur 'Bob's performance will be to lose unsprung weight.

there is a reason why Champion or HRE cost arm and a leg..
I think the next big step is to have a quality set of light 18" wheels to track! As for the street, I love the look of the 19's.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:25 PM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
"Bob's" just went through his most recent modification.....aesthetic rear end surgery....an Aerokit/GT3 wing. The paint and fit are outstanding!

I just ordered the Aerokit Porsche Front Bumper from Suncoast. It should be installed in the next 2 weeks. That will complete the exterior mods! At least that's what my wife is hoping for!

I will post more pics when I get the front bumper put on the car and get it out with my Canon 7D and L Lens.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Sorry for the mess-up with the pics....here's another attempt!

Attached Images     
Old 12-19-2011, 06:31 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
GT,

Bob is lucky to have an owner like you. The car looks great.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:24 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
your car is fantastic. while I would agree that a tune and intake/exhaust won't give you 997S performance (nothing beats displacement) will surely wakes your 997 and make it feel more alive and quick. I think you did all your upgrades very tastefully. I really love your wheels. I got an estimate for those rugers at $1500 shipped to my door. definitely tempting!

Old 12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

The car looks great! Looking forward to seeing the finshed product. Keep us posted.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Last edited by SuncoastRyan; 12-19-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling fail
Old 12-19-2011, 08:50 AM
onewinwon is infamous around these parts
Nice setup , looks great ! Now, you gave me the Mod fever. Where did you get black side guards? Were they easy to remove and install?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM
chi4s is infamous around these parts
Great job on the mods! Where did you pick up the rear wing? Also how is the ride with the h&r springs? Enjoy

Old 12-19-2011, 03:19 PM
RickB is infamous around these parts
Alright Bob! Looking great.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by chi4s
Great job on the mods! Where did you pick up the rear wing? Also how is the ride with the h&r springs? Enjoy
My "mod guy," Chris searched around for me. I believe we ended up with a VIS wing. They are all pretty rough. I spent a lot on fit and finish, but it was worth it. I decided to go OEM with the front bumper that will complete the Aerokit look. There really are no aftermarkets cheaper than the Suncoast Aerokit front bumper deal ($1295).

The ride with the H&Rs is a little less forgiving, but the handling around corners is noticeably better. I love the stance and look of the car with the more aggressive wheel offset though. I still consider that mod a "must do!"

Old 12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by onewinwon
Nice setup , looks great ! Now, you gave me the Mod fever. Where did you get black side guards? Were they easy to remove and install?
Rather than pull the original stone guards off and risk peeling the clear coat, we put vinyl over the stone guards. This way, if I get sick of the look, I can just peel it off! We used the same vinyl on the rear bumper diffuser. I will probably use the vinyl on the front spoiler lip to give it some protection from scrapes.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:49 AM
aweb108 is infamous around these parts
I like those rims!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BOB's Makeover