997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BOB's Makeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 AM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
As a "casualty" of competing Mods, I had to pull out my Fabspeed Maxflo Competition Air Intake....SUCKS! I loved the sound and added power with the Maxflo Mufflers, but it was rubbing against the new GT3 decklid. For anyone interested, I have it listed for sale in the marketplace.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:40 AM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by GTRR
I think the next big step is to have a quality set of light 18" wheels to track! As for the street, I love the look of the 19's.
@crazycarlitos....taking your advice. I am in the market for 20lb wheels....that should cut about 30lbs of unsprung weight! Adding Sport Cats too!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Latest Mod!

Bob's latest mods....replaced Fabspeed Cold Air intake with BMC filter in stock box and installed a Fabspeed 200 Cell Sport Cat! The sound of the exhaust with Maxpro Mufflers and Cats is incredible! I love the power between 30-90 mph! I haven't had the chance to take it beyond that yet! Pics coming soon!

Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Drone?

Any Drone when cruising at 70?
80?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Here are the pics of the installed Fabspeed Cats.....more power, more sound, no drone. The car just sounds so strong! Butt Dyno says its pulling a lot harder between 30-90mph.

Mods left to do:
1) Porsche OEM Aero Front Bumper (installing with clear bra on Thursday)
2) FVD Tip Paddle Steering Wheel
3) Lighter Forged Wheels
4) IF I am not broke yet.....then possibly matching Headers
5) IF Fabspeed ever made a dual enclosed (X-51 style) cold air intake....I would put those in!

My wife says stop with the mods and put the $$$ away for a 991!

Attached Images      
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Bob's new "voice!"

Here's the sound of the Fabspeed Muffler + 200 Cell Sport Cats in a base 997 C2. I placed an iPhone under the car while in park, so the sound quality isn't the best, but you'll get the idea!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
FINAL Exterior Mod!

Finally added the OEM Aero Kit Bumper! Bob's exterior is now COMPLETE!

Attached Images      
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
THAT is a different car than I saw a month ago! Nice.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM
p997c is infamous around these partsp997c is infamous around these parts
Bob, I have read a thread in this forum comparing stock air box vs 3rd party air intake. some people suggested to stay with the stock air box. Is it safe/Ok to replace stock air box with 3rd party air intake?(excessive dusts caused by the grease on the fabric, maybe?) Is yours still available? PM me the price. thanks

Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
p997c is infamous around these partsp997c is infamous around these parts
Bob, the radiator is wide open to the air now. you may want to add a grid to it.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:21 AM
Blacked Out!

I learned how to install Paint Protection Film (clear bra) and Vinyl Wrap! So, of course, BOB was my guinea pig! Here are the current "aesthetic mods" that I have done. I have installed VentureShield clear bra, Matte Black Hood, Matte Black Tail and Upper Lid, new Matte Black Rock Guards, and a Carbon wrapped lower front spoiler. I am actually trying something different with the lower spoiler. I have installed clear bra on the parts that tend to scrape. We'll see how that works out!

I hope you guys like the changes....it won't be permanent since I will want to do more "experiments!" Maybe I'll do a full matte wrap!

Attached Images     
Old 04-30-2012, 07:36 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
matte black hood and gas filler cap look dreadful. you turned your beautiful car into a ricer w those 2 mods.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 AM
SlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of lightSlateC2S is a glorious beacon of light
I disagree with Killacam. . Customizing is a very personal thing. To each his own...that's what I say.
Not to burst your bubble GTRR b/c it looks great but you should consider Plastidip. It's removable! Yes it's temporary but many people get a good 6 months out of it. Check out dipyourcar.com and other vids on YouTube. Thinking of doing some matt-black racing stripes for track events. Maybe even pink wheels for my daughters birthday....fun stuff.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
+1 on the wraps. Fun, removable. Cool.

Where'd you get the supplies? Interested in how you did something complex, like the lip. Struggling with mine.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM
gonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond reputegonz996 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks cool. I think you should do the roof to tie it in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BOB's Makeover