997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

BOB's Makeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 AM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gonz996
Looks cool. I think you should do the roof to tie it in.
+10 on roof.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
love the look. I know you are experimenting but I would get rid of the gas lid. The rest is too awesome to be distracted by the lid!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by socalbd
+1 on the wraps. Fun, removable. Cool.

Where'd you get the supplies? Interested in how you did something complex, like the lip. Struggling with mine.
I actually did the lip with about 10 scrap pieces from my son's iPhone wrap business. I keep scratching up the lower lip. The layers of duct tape were getting hideous!

I got 3M certified for clear bra and vinyl. I can order direct or through a local supplier. I am still practicing, but happy to help if you need me to apply it for you. I have put the clear bra on 3 times now. All have been precuts. Next time I will custom cut it.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 AM
GTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really niceGTRR is just really nice
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
love the look. I know you are experimenting but I would get rid of the gas lid. The rest is too awesome to be distracted by the lid!
Agree.....lid is coming off. I will be putting stripes and decals on to promote my son's iPhone wrap business temporarily.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
BOB's latest mods.....Celebrating my upcoming 1 year anniversary of ownership! I had interior pieces painted the body color (Arctic Silver). The following were painted:
1) Center Console
2) Coat Hook
3) Seat Belt Trim
4) Steering wheel (triangle) trim
5) AC Vents
6) Dash Trim (cup holder trim)

Upcoming paint jobs:
1) Dome
2) Door trims
3) PCM/Center Unit - flat black (once touchscreen nav unit is installed)

All the work was done locally by my "Mod Guy" Chris of Sterling Concepts.

Attached Images      
Old 08-04-2012, 09:11 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Hey GTRR.
Bob looks awesome!!

Old 09-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Decided to sell BOB....check out the Marketplace! I am asking $43,500...that's what I bought it for 12 months ago before over $14K in upgrades, mods, and maintenance! I'm done with this project, ready to move onto another! I am working on 1 more cosmetic mod...changing the black hood for matte silver Sport Classic style striping.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...era-3-6-a.html

Last edited by GTRR; 09-14-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Got bored with the Matte Black look and switched out the vinyl to a Matte Silver stripe similar to the Sport Classic.

Attached Images